Hacker 1200mm Sbach 342 EPP

Started by sihinch, November 14, 2012, 02:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Here is my latest build - just need to finish the undercarriage and then I'm done!  Hoping to get it ready for Saturday.

It has a Scorpion 1000kV motor, 40A esc and 4 x HS65 servos.  Oh, and I added an Aurora RC Genesis light set!!!!

As you can see, I need to tidy my work bench!

Ededge2002

looks good Simon!  cant wait for a flight report
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Here's the Genesis light kit........

battlestu

wow ... i'll need some sunglasses to watch this fly
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

The lighting systems are really cool now.  It used to be a problem trying to fly your plane while figuring out which way the red and green lights were heading through the sky.  Now the entire plane can be illuminated and even the runway as you get close.  Just like flying in daylight but with a greater cool factor.

Gotta try that at the lake one of these days.

Looks cool, Simon.

Robert

sihinch

Well, what a great plane!  Really smooth and steady, no vices at all. Flies on 300 watts and will hang on the prop. On the maiden flight I was inverted at 20ft, loops, rolls - lovely.

I did have some lipo/esc issues though.  I was using a cheap esc with a separate BEC from another model (Guanli).  For some reason on the second flight I lost all power and control. Range check was fine, so Bobby B helped me look at the lipo voltage in use.  On 2 lipos I was getting below 2.9v under load on 1 cell (of 3.)  I changed to some newer 40C lipos and it seemed OK.  Not sure if it was just old lipos (but I've not noticed a problem with them before.)   

Anyway, I've got a different 50A esc ready to try, to see if that makes a difference.  I did lose a wheel pant on the rough landing (after the power failure.)

Great plane, really, liked it.  Not wild or outrageous, more of a aeobatic sport flier, I'd say.  Oh, and the lights worked great at dusk.

Bobmic

Hey Simon, this is a really nice plane.
Let me know if you see a difference in power using a second ESC with the same battery.
I might understand a difference in overall power but would expect somewhat similar low voltage problem.

B.