New runway 2021

Started by Michael, May 28, 2021, 09:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Thank you the Executive for making this happen. 

bweaver

Great!!!  Thanks, Bruce

Michael

Rob, Glenn, Dave and I went to check out the runway. It is almost finished. We tested it out, and gave Dave the first takeoff for all the effort he put in. Glenn and I flew, and later in the day, someone else was spotted flying. There's still some work to do, so please do not fly if workers are there.

Everything should be ready by tomorrow.

Michael

Michael

More spikes and taping tomorrow.
Michael

davidk

Final spikes and taping this morning.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: davidk on June 10, 2021, 10:30:20 AM
Final spikes and taping this morning.

Great news Dave!  Should we consider keeping a roll of gorilla tape on site for prompt patching of prop strike tears or do you prefer that we leave that delightful task in your very capable hands?!  8)

Andy

Michael

Michael

sihinch

Thanks Michael, David and all the others involved in making this happen!  :)

Can we get lights now!?  ;D

Oscar

Thank you Dave, Michael, Alex and all others who involve to make this happen. 

Can we get some mosquito repellent lights install on each stations?  ;D

Forenplayer

Looks great feels great. This is gonna be a good summer!!

davidk

A big thank you to Alex for finding Adrian and Mary at Acre Landscaping.  Alex found a few potentials and Adrian came through for us.  Cheers Alex!

Adrian and the Acre Landscaping team did a great job for their first runway... and they did it in record setting heat.

I'd advise flyers to walk the runway and take note of it's personality.  If anyone sees strands of Geotex on the runway or field, please pick them up.  If a strand is still attached to the runway try to cut it with scissors instead of pulling it or using a knife.

We'll be making adjustments as weather permits.

Happy take-offs and landings.

davidk

Quote from: Oscar on June 10, 2021, 05:36:36 PM

I volunteer to stand beside you... socially distanced with a long fly swatter.  When I see a mossy land on you, I'll whack it.  No, No... no trouble at all.  My pleasure  :P

deltawing

I was on the field Wednesday night, it was looking good already. THANK YOU Alex,
If anyone seeing stones on the grass, please do everyone a favor especially the grass cutting guy, please pick it up and throw it back to the corn/bean field. Lawn mower hate stones.

Oscar

Quote from: davidk on June 11, 2021, 12:25:22 PM
Quote from: Oscar on June 10, 2021, 05:36:36 PM

I volunteer to stand beside you... socially distanced with a long fly swatter.  When I see a mossy land on you, I'll whack it.  No, No... no trouble at all.  My pleasure  :P

That will be a true spotter.  Oh, what a service!!  :D
I shall do the same.... when I can come out and fly...  :'(

Michael

The transition from runway to grass at the south end of the runway is now relatively smooth. David and I (mostly David) have just finished the work necessary. Jets and planes with smaller wheels should have no difficulty if they run off the runway there.

Michael