Today's skills challenge

Started by Frank v B, September 28, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Jack,

Thanks for organizing another skills challenge for the club.  It was a hoot.  The way the insults were flowing, it was a great day. ;D 
Andy got more than his usual number shots in.  Thanks to Bill Q and Graham for officiating.

Congrats to Ed for being Nooner Numero Uno.  It was a good summer of racing.  Thanks to the rest of the Club for letting us hog the field for an hour to do the racing.

Have taken Imran's plane home and will re-build the missing fin/tail feathers. :(

Frank
(Skill-less)
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Hear, hear! Today confirmed my thoughts about the skills challenge - best day of the year!

And I love, love, love the Nooner racing! I can't believe Ed beat me (after I'd smashed him in the semi!) I can't wait until next race season.

Jack - the club is so lucky to have you! Thanks a million.

Ededge2002

Thanks Jack for ALL your efforts this funfly AND racing season!

Very pleased with the Piker racing series. Well organized and challenging!  The participation and fun level has been huge and I hope we can carry that over with good momentum into next season.

Thank you to all that participated in the skills events. TEMAC would be nothing without the great membership we have.

I would like to make a special mention of our this season students that participated today. Wow just amazing efforts and gains in ability in there first year.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran1042

It was a amazing day :D I tied for 1st in limbo with imran and Ed, sucseeded in the carrier landing, and got second for the most touch n go's, one less then Ed, 4. I'm catching up :D fear me!  Thanks Frank for taking my funtana to fix, its my favorite plane.
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Wingnutz

Thanks to the crew who organized today's and all the other FunFlys! Thanks to everyone involved in providing lunch (Jack?) today and every FunFly! Enjoyed all the FunFlys I was able to attend.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

imran13

Thanks for everyone for making it a great day! I beat Imran in a drag race (HAHA) and tied for limbo :D

Great day and thanks to Jack for organizing it!

Can we have a winter funfly? That would be awesome ;D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

gmcnic

Thank you Jack and to everyone who participated today.
It was truly another wonderful time at the field with lots of great flying by all!

I am so glad I joined this club (even if a bit late in the season) ;D!!

FYI for today's racers-  the distance between the pylons was 327 feet, 8 inches.
Jack can provide the best time to cover the 10-lap races today.
Of course, one is not just flying straight lines between the pylons and must consider the radius flown around them—20, 30, 40+ feet?
For those mathematically-blessed (I'm out!), you should be able to come up with an average speed.

Hmmm, wonder how the weather is looking for tomorrow...?

Michael

Another great day at the field!

Thanks Jack for organizing, and thanks to the judges.

I was there for about 2 hours and competed in a few competitions and had a GREAT time.

I brought my Dad to the field, and he was really impressed with what he saw, and that made me proud!

(I'm sorry to say it, but I really loved Robert's short flight with a twisted stabilizer and subsequent smash into the ground. It was hilarious!)

Michael

Frank v B

It's been 3 1/2 hours since the post started and no post from Andy yet.  I fear the worst!! ;D.  He will probably say it in (compromising) photos. :-X.  He had wayyyyy too much fun today!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on September 28, 2013, 09:08:07 PM
It's been 3 1/2 hours since the post started and no post from Andy yet.  I fear the worst!! ;D.  He will probably say it in (compromising) photos. :-X.  He had wayyyyy too much fun today!

Frank

Well, hello Frank.  SO good to hear from you!  You really look swell in your favourite habitat!  And your textbook landings are simply breathtaking and a joy to behold!  Thanks for some great cannon fodder!

More where that came from in the "shooting gallery" - http://temac.ca/?p=3634!  Enjoy!

Andy

piker

He's outstanding in his field.

Papa

At least he's consistent, he flies his big planes just like he flies his small planes. Erratic. LOL

Jack.

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"