2013-33 TEMAC Tickler Piker Class Racing and War Bird Day

Started by Papa, June 14, 2013, 02:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Sorry for the delay in publishing this Tickler. Sometimes life gets in the way of this hobby!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

bfeist

Papa

That's just 2 minutes after I posted and before my e-mail.

Are you psychic, Ben?

Jack
A motto to live by:

sihinch

:D 8) :) ;D

That says it all!

Thanks Jack!  Here's to jets day!

Ededge2002

I didn't jump the gun you can clearly see your lips saying go. In racing 1/10's of a second count!  Hahahaha
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on June 14, 2013, 02:50:45 PM
I didn't jump the gun you can clearly see your lips saying go. In racing 1/10's of a second count!  Hahahaha

Looks like both Ed and the photographer were in pefect sync anticipating the "Go!" from Jack!! :)

piker

You so did jump the gun.  I remember that start.  You were around the first pylon before Jack said "GO"!  But I can understand that with you being under all that pressure to perform   ;D

Actually, I meant to comment on that after the race.  The usual practice is to power up during the count down then launch on the "GO".  The problem is, these planes howl so much that we can't hear the announcer. We need a better plan for this.  Maybe a green flag dropped, or a rule that you can't power up until the word "GO"... or something.

Hey!  I know, we need a "ready, set, go" girl to throw her scarf in the air like in the movie GREASE!  You know you know it!

Robert

piker

Maybe Ed heard the shutter opening and thought it was the firing pin of the starter pistol!

bfeist

Quote from: Papa on June 14, 2013, 02:31:16 PM
That's just 2 minutes after I posted and before my e-mail.

Are you psychic, Ben?

Jack

I just sit here and press refresh all day.

Ededge2002

Your holding the radio with the wrong hand Robert that's the trouble.
I advanced to half at the set position and flipped to full and launched at go. Like break standing in drag racing.
I was just saving myself from the trouble of passing everyone on my way to the front...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6svNbbu6TQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Papa

ED, you really do have too much time on your hands!

Jack
A motto to live by:

Ededge2002

Yes Jack sometimes I think I need another hobby. I've been considering taking up the hula hoop. I could practice between flights at the field!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mirti-LzgWY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

battlestu

Jasper knows how to deal with gun jumpers ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

I think her legs (in the video) are too tanned!  ;)

Anyway, back to warbirds......the Lanc is almost ready to be back in the air!  Just the bomb doors to fix and find a replacement nose glass.

piker

And for THAT you got the best crash award?!  Sheesh!  That was just a rough landing by the looks of it and your speedy repair.!   ;D