2013-34 TEMAC Tickler, Float Flying @ Frenchman's Bay.

Started by Papa, June 15, 2013, 11:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Although the weather was a bit windy this evening an intrepid bunch of enthusiasts showed up and enjoyed some brisk flying. I flew four times with my good friends Michael and Robert hovering like Guardian Angels in case I got into more trouble than I could handle. Of course I got into all sorts of trouble but managed to keep it dry and my last landing was almost perfect.

It was a lot of fun and I'm sorry so many missed it.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Sorry I missed it.

Congrats on your maidens, Michael, and Jack on your flights.  Really pleased to hear the Sandringham will be back.

Thanks again to Robert for the recovery boat!

Cheers,
S

piker

Nice Sandringham memorial, Jack   ;D  Thanks for that.  And yes, I will rebuild it and I'm looking forward to making it better than before with more scale detail and generally a bit more robust.

Any thanks to the guys who came out for the float flying.  Yes, another windy night, but it didn't stop anyone from flying and we had a great time as always.  For those who don't know, yes, flying from water can be a little scary, especially when windy, but the fact is, if you have a crash or rough landing over the water, the plane is usually fine to fly again the next time.  For example, if I had stalled and crashed the Sandringham over the water instead of TEMAC, it would still be flying today.

Oh, and BTW, I know you guys think I'm being so generous to bring out the rescue boat and all, but the fact is, I'm being extremely selfish.  I do it just so you guys will come out and enjoy some float flying with me.  It's not as much fun flying alone   :)

Robert

piker

BTW, what does LC-R stand for?  I thought it was the S.S. Minnow   ;D

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"