TEMAC Board Changes

Started by sihinch, October 02, 2014, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

The Board regrets to announce that Bill Quantock has resigned from the Board. Bill has been a tremendous asset to the Board and the club and has done much hard work improving Rogo Field. Our new runway is largely due to Bill's persistent pursuit of the goal of installing such a runway. The new runway is a resounding success and we owe Bill a large debt of gratitude for shepherding this project to its conclusion.

The club has a large depth of talent and there are always volunteers who will step up and be counted when needed. One such is Graham McNichol who has accepted the challenge of filling Bill's shoes. The Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Graham McNichol as the new Vice President and Director of administration. I'm sure you will all join the Board wishing Graham well as he embarks on this new experience with TEMAC.

Simon
On behalf of the Board

piker

I want to add my HUGE thanks to Bill for his efforts over the past couple of years.  The work we enjoy from volunteers like Bill, always involves much more time and effort than is usually apparent to the rest of us.  Great job, Bill!

And for sure, thanks to Graham for stepping up and getting involved (MORE involved as Graham is always helping out).  The club is in good hands!

gmcnic

Dear fellow members;

It is my pleasure to join our board and be given the opportunity to contribute to our wonderful club.  I realize I am stepping into some pretty big shoes following Bill Quantock's accomplishments—new runway, waterproof gravel parking area, the "loo" to mention a few.  Thanks a million, Bill!!
Oh, did I mention he's a darn smooth pilot?

I do hope you will afford the club and me your same support from time-to-time for occasional clean ups and other projects.  Many hands make light work and are very much appreciated.

I see Andre (@frajolex) has already begun an active wish list thread from which I am taking notes.  This is a great time of year to come up with new ideas for 2015, so if you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to jot them down in the forum or approach me anytime. 

I am looking forward to the opportunities this role brings and the ongoing and sometimes crazy camaraderie we share at TEMAC.

Cheers everyone and thank you for your kind words,
Graham

...hey, this season's not over.  Let's keep flying!

PS-  one of the first things I will work on is teaching Jack how to correctly spell my last name  ;D

sihinch

How do you spell McCcNichCol?

Frank v B

Bill, thanks so much for your contributions... and the runway.  Please keep smiling.  We always like your presence at the field.

Graham, thanks for stepping in to handle the job.  Here you go from a one-man cheering team at Orangeville last week to VP this week. Do I need to kiss your feet?  (Forget it!  ;D ).  I'll be your wing man but I can't fly worth a damn.

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

Our bad spelling goes back in the family for many years... :D
McCcNichCol
McNicol ;D

Papa

Yeah that's the abbreviated spelling. We Celts are not afraid of lots of letters in a name.

Sean Seosaimh o'hUigin.

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

gmcnic

Oh sure... 
I can see a "Jack Higgins" in that, no problem ???