Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Guy,

Sorry you will have to miss it. 
Thanks for volunteering up front.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Frank  I have sent you a PM, regarding the race, we have CANCELLED it.
Sorry the weather gods are not with us.
Also don't forget the LONDON SWAP MEET is on tomorrow.

Ken

Frank v B

Since the race is cancelled I will go to London.  Anyone interested in having a cost/insult/ride sharing arrangement?

Frank

cell 416-605-0707

Frank v B

That's it for this year's pylon races. 
Thanks to Ken and the boys for organizing them and having to shift dates and predict the weather.  On the way to the London
Swap meet today, I drove through two rain storms so it was a good call.

Will try again next year.

It is great to be able to say that Cory never beat me this year!
Take that.

Have a great fall and winter and will see you at the usual swap meets.  Required attendance.

Frank

* all races had to be cancelled this year...so it is a true statement! 8)

Polecat

Frank  I went to the field today to pick up the roller and pylon poles, we did make the right call, as the strip wind socket was straight out.
We couldn't have flown in that, also some fine rain off and on.
Just happy to save everybody a long trip up and back to the city.
Also thinks for handle things at your end.
How was the swap meet, I guess you found some treasurers and got some supplies for the winter build.
See you one of the swap meets.
Ken

GuyOReilly

So, I was looking forward to seeing pictures, videos of the races.  Too bad Mother Nature had other plans.  You guys made the correct choice and not risk breaking anything. 
As one of my flight instructor said:
"Better be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were on the ground."   
See you at the field.
Guy

cpaine

first of all, Thank you Ken for trying to get racing organized for another year, we appreciate it!
well that was not a good year for good ole' Orangeville! first of all, it would of been nice to at least try, and normally we would have. Ken asked my opinion and i'm neck deep in demolition of my main level of my home. had to be ready for contractors by early this week. so i made the final call and said, weather dosn't look promising and i'm swamped taBoot! it sounds like it was the right call, but i felt terrible!! also, all my hobby stuff is gone too.... getting a new workshop. so my sunday was literally gonna be 1 plane, 4 batteries and a transmitter....
yes Frank, we were all tied for first place... or last... however you want to look at it!
lets try again next year!

Cory

maac #26951

Frank v B

Cory,

The race results clearly showed that you were tied for last place and I was tied for first place.  ;)

Frank

ps: good luck in your renovations.