Float Flying with Beeton for 2020

Started by Frank v B, December 21, 2019, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I had lunch today with Rudie Nagelmakers of the the Beeton Flyers (V.P.).  They really enjoyed TEMAC's visit this year even though it was the first week the new pond was ready for a group of people.

Rudie has promised to have at least two events with TEMAC next year with one being on a Sunday so Michael can attend with his flying boats.

I re-newed our offer from earlier this year that whenever we are invited, TEMAC will supply dogs and drinks for lunch.  Nothing like going for the gut. ;D  8)

See photos from this year's event showing Gerald (Scorch!), Bruce, Ken, Peter and yours truly having fun http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,7013.30.html

Frank

ps:  Beeton flies off a sod farm just west of Alliston.  The sod farm does not allow any permanent structures or flight stones because they get moved around as sod is needed.  They have two ponds but the original one was re-asorbed by the river.  They moved to a second pond and had to bring in 6 or 7 truckloads of gravel to make it accessible.  The work was completed just days before our floatfly in 2019.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

It was great that you could get out with Rudy for lunch Frank. 

Yes, it was a lot of fun last year and they were more than hospitable. 

I look forward to returning and enjoying their company and their pond again this coming season.

Thanks Beeton Flyers for thinking of us and sharing your wonderful float flying site with us again.  :)

Bruce

kmandjik

Sounds like a lot of fun, maybe it's time to buy some floats for my mini Timber and the ever trusty Valiant...  ;D