E F 1 Pylon Race

Started by Polecat, September 09, 2021, 08:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Orangeville R/C Flyers are hosting a E F 1 pylon race on Sun. Sept. 19th, start time 10:30 am. Temac guys come up to Orangeville and cheer Frank V on.
Go Fast, Turn Left.
Ken

Frank v B

Someone help me........... by joining me in Orangeville and flying or cheering me on to my usual second last place finish.

The Orangeville guys are serious...between jokes.  The flying is fast but each race only lasts less than 2 minutes (10 laps).

Always a fun time as long as my coach shows up (Dave Ford). ;D

Here is to hoping Glenn or Michael or anyone in the cheering section can join me.

As usual we meet at the Tim's in Schomberg at 9 am, on Hiway 27, 1 km south of Hiway 9   Full directions will be posted later.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Full directions to the Orangeville EF-1 races.

We start at Tim's on the west side of Hiway #27, less than one km south of Hiway #9.  Note: Hiway #27 is 6 km west of Hiway 400 at the south end of Holland Marsh.

We will leave Tim's in a convoy at 9 am.

From the Tim's at Schomberg- (cumulative km's in brackets after every turn) 

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 (Orangeville) where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection.
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's (47.5 km) to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's (63.8 km's) until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km (67.0 km's) mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the stars.

Frank (Mr. Second Last)

Frank v B

The man with the bullseye on his back. 
Cory Payne will be shaking in his boots. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

For those who have never seen an EF-1 pylon racer.  The span is about 48", the motor is a racing E-Flite 25, 1250 KV, 4 cells, approx. 700 plus watts, an 8x8 APC prop. Orangeville uses a 3 pole course with the pilots standing in the middle.  Hard hast must be worn....on hard heads. ;D

Photos from a past race series.  https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=5871.15

The full team photo shows the TEMAC participants: Simon, Mike Hazleton, Greg Hazelton, Glenn and myself.  The photo was taken after the race as it shows Greg with a three piece airplane (second from right). :)

Frank

Polecat

Frank, thanks for doing all the PR work. Thoughs pictures where at a race 5 years ago, how time flies by. A good turn-out for that race and a fun day.
We need to get the number of guys back into racing and some new blood.
ARF,s are the big problem now, only the Eflie Shoestring is available now but lots of of kits still around.

Ken

Frank v B

Got three flights in on my Pogo this morning before the rain started.

My confidence has now peaked for next week's Orangeville EF-1 races.
Ken, Rick, Cory, Dave must be shaking in their boots.   ;)
I am now a shoe-in for my perpetually deserved second-last place finish... provided someone DNFs.   8)

Frank