E F 1 Racing

Started by Polecat, March 31, 2022, 10:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Hi everyone at Temac and E F 1 pylon racers, for this year I am planning to host 2 fun races at Orangeville, first is Sun. June 12 and the second is Sept. 18. We still will be following the covid rules but hoping everything will be OK by then.
There are no E F 1 ARF's available now, which is some what disappointing, as it is very difficult for new people who might want to try electric pylon racing. However there is still some kits available from the designers, I hear there might be a new ARF onthe hitting market by late fall.
Because of all of this, I have come up with an electric Quickie 500 and will be doing some test flying this summer, it should go pretty well. These planes are a box type fuselage, a sheet foam wing [span of 52 inches] and a sheet balsa tail, the power is the same setup as E F 1.
The Quickie's fly very well, with no take off problems and might not be as fast as the E F 1's. Also the good thing is these planes can be used to sport fly every day and fun fly's, just a good knock around type of a plane.
If anyone is interested in building Quickie, just send me a PM for all the details.
Will post a picture later.

Pictures now add thanks to Greg Hazelton

Ken

Frank v B

The punishment continues. 
Have written down the dates.  Thanks for running the series again.

This year we should require Cory to fly with a scale drag chute or switch to a 3 cell set-up.   ;D

Cory, scale this down!   ;)

Frank

(Mr. Second-last)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNqbyG8hf0
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Cory would win with a 3 cell and a 25 900KV motor.
Frank I will leave it to you, to twist some arms in the club.
Ken

cpaine

Haha drag chute! good one Frank
Not sure about that Ken!? lol

years ago a friend of mine towed a kite behind his airplane.... maybe 20' of line? i was in the air with a sport plane and he tempted me to try and cut it off!  we came in slow down the runway, my plane slightly above... i dove down to cut and missed just behind the kite! I pulled up to try and cut again (with more speed now!) and i cut off his tail!! spectacular crash!! and yes i did a victory roll!

fun story... anywho... yes lets get some racing going
maac #26951

Polecat

Temac guys, just a reminder about the E F 1 race Sun. June 12, start time 10:30. Hope to see everyone there and some of the guys who have not race for a couple years. If you know of someone who is interested, I have a NIB Shoestring and Scarlett Sreamer, I prchased these because there is no ARF kit available anymore, hoping for some new guys to give racing a try.
Also I have new all white, with red and black trim Estrelitta for sale, just the plane, needs motor,  ESC servos and radio.
Hope to see everyone on the 12th.

Ken

VadimKirillov

Hi Ken. Please let me know what are the prices for your kits. I would like to get into the racing.

Polecat

Vadim   I can send you a PM. Talk to Frank V as he comes up to Orangeville to race.
Great to hear your interested in racing and we can give you lots of help.
Keep in touch
Ken

Polecat

Quote from: VadimKirillov on May 31, 2022, 04:40:43 PM
Hi Ken. Please let me know what are the prices for your kits. I would like to get into the racing.

PM sent.

Frank v B

Vadim,

Come pick up the Invictus that Simon H. gave to me for safe keeping.  Two months ago I started to build it as a spare for this season and have installed a motor.  It still needs an ESC and radio stuff.
Have it for the same price I paid Simon ($0) and I will throw in the motor just to get you going.  You supply the flying ability.  I hear you had good instructors. ;D

Frank

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on June 02, 2022, 10:26:08 PM
Vadim,

Come pick up the Invictus that Simon H. gave to me for safe keeping.  Two months ago I started to build it as a spare for this season and have installed a motor.  It still needs an ESC and radio stuff.
Have it for the same price I paid Simon ($0) and I will throw in the motor just to get you going.  You supply the flying ability.  I hear you had good instructors. ;D

Frank

Good stuff Frank, I was looking around for some used E F 1 for Vadim.
Hope to see you at the race.

VadimKirillov

Thank you Frank for the airplane and flying skills. And just remember last time you let me use your airplane for cub competition I have won.  ;)

cpaine

Vadim, welcome!! Good job Frank on helping him out with some EF1 stuff! I'm sure Frank has filled you in on how we race, but would help to google ef1 pylon racing (3 pole) and see how the course is flown (around yourself) a lot of people are not use to that.

Piece of advice, Batteries!! you will need a couple of decent quality batteries. 14.8v-3300mah-50cc to 75cc... we run 4 rounds, and you can probably charge 1 in between rounds. 4 Batteries is obviously best.

https://www.amazon.ca/3300mAh-Battery-Helicopter-Airplane-Quadcopter/dp/B06XKQJZ8D/ref=sr_1_35?crid=MP1YZ9R0U7FQ&keywords=14+8v+lipo+battery&qid=1654270256&sprefix=14.8v+lipo%2Caps%2C71&sr=8-35

Look forward to meeting you, and answering any questions you may have.

Cheers
Cory

maac #26951

Frank v B

Vadim picked up his plane/motor combo on Friday.  I can feel Cory shaking in his boots already. 8)  Don't worry Cory, Vadim's first objective is to de-throne me as "Mr. Second Last".  I welcome the challenge.

We will bring a drogue chute and a bunch of 3S battery packs for Cory as well.  That should fix him.

Frank

ps: The credit for the plane donation belongs to Simon who passed it on in the first place.  Vadim was also nice enough not to take up my wife's offer to take as many planes along as he could find in our basement.  Vadim showed great self control.  ;D

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on June 05, 2022, 09:15:15 PM
Vadim picked up his plane/motor combo on Friday.  I can feel Cory shaking in his boots already. 8)  Don't worry Cory, Vadim's first objective is to de-throne me as "Mr. Second Last".  I welcome the challenge.

We will bring a drogue chute and a bunch of 3S battery packs for Cory as well.  That should fix him.

Frank

ps: The credit for the plane donation belongs to Simon who passed it on in the first place.  Vadim was also nice enough not to take up my wife's offer to take as many planes along as he could find in our basement.  Vadim showed great self control.  ;D

Good stuff Frank, bring Vadim along he doesn't have to race, just to see how pylon racing is done. Bring others as well.

Frank v B

Team TEMAC .  Time to turn left and go fast.  Please come and join us for the racing.  It is fast-paced, fun and full of compliments and friendly insults.

Anyone who can come along...racing or helping.... here is the game plan:

We will meet at Tim's Schomberg for a top-up of coffee.  Tim's is on Hiway 27, 1 km south of highway 9 (south end of Holland Landing, about 5 km's west of Hiway 400)

Off to the races.  We leave Tim's in a convoy by 9 am.  In brackets are the cumulative distances from Tim's Schomberg (67 km's).

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 at Orangeville where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection (west side).
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's (47.5 km's) to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's (63.8 km's) until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's (65.2 km's) it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km (67.0 km's) mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the flying fools our competitors.

Frank