Training tomorrow, Wednesday May 22, 5:00pm to dark

Started by Frank v B, May 21, 2024, 09:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Tomorrow will be our third training night of the year.  The weather forecast shows a lot of wind is expected but we will see what actually happens.  I will be there regardless of the weather conditions.  5:00 pm until it becomes hard to see.

I will bring the all the auction stuff.

Frank

ps: remember that learning to fly in windy conditions makes you a better pilot a lot faster.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Surprise!! It became a beautiful evening as it went on.
- 3 pm- rain and a Tornado warning for Newmarket/south of Barrie.  It rained for 10 minutes
- 4 pm- It rained again for 10 minutes but by then Andy left so the night started to look better
- 5 pm- David, our first student showed up and we decided to try it.  Very windy, very gusty
- in the next half hour students Victor, Omar, Maya (TMU), Tony and Colin's sons showed up.
Good news was that all students got at least two flights.  Bad news...only one flight instructor so they did not have a choice of who to victimize.

Thanks to Mark, Paul and Colin for setting up students/transmitters/airplanes.

Good to see Gil E. at the field to pick up his auction items.  He was inspired by David K's posts on the Bronco 3D print and has started a printed Mustang.  Gil was Temac's original 3D print master and did a presentation when we still had Pilot's Meetings at Col Mustard restaurant.  I remember his first step to 3-D printing was to check the health of your marriage. David K. did that! ;)

Photo report
35- look who is back from his Australia/New Zealand/Victoria trips
42- Paul, Mark and David trying to decide whether to get David's Apprentice into the air.
44- David after his first of two flights.
45- Victor after his first of two flights.
48- Omar after his first flight.
50- A roll of blue Tuc Tape is evidence that TMU students were present.  Maya did a take-off and landing.
52- How many members does it take to change a 9 x6 broken prop on Omar's plane?

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Bridger

A wonderful day of instruction both on Monday and Wednesday. My thanks to Oscar for his expertise setting up my buddy box and great patience instructing me in my first real flights on Monday including takeoff and landing. Your Zen vibe is very calming and your knowledge astounding.
And yesterday my great appreciation goes to Mark, who helped me rebind everything and for his tireless support. I don't know where we as students would be without Mark's selfless help and enthusiasm, he is the heart of Wednesdays' instruction sessions. And finally last but by no means least my thanks to Frank for his patience and easygoing but so effective training style, you let us learn from our mistakes but are always there to get us out of the real jams, my hat is off to you Frank .
And finally just great thanks to all the members of Temac for all your support and collegial attitude, you've made me feel very welcome to this club and this great hobby - thank you.
Best Victor

Omar

We had an absolute blast training yesterday! It was only my second session, and once the wind died down, it was even more fun. Near the end, we had a classic "uh-oh" moment when we lost communication with the plane and veered toward the north-east end of the field. Rumor has it that this spot, and a few others around, are known for crashes. Despite that little scare, the day was awesome.

Today, working on the plane, the damage wasn't too bad. Just a small part of the wing was busted, but I got it fixed up quickly. Huge thanks to Frank for donating with a spare propeller. My plane's back in action and ready for our next training session on Wednesday.

Big shoutout to everyone for their help and support, especially Mark for his work on buddy-boxing, and Paul for installing the new propeller and providing the screws. See you all next Wednesday!