Frenchman's Bay Float Fly, Saturday, May 10, 2014!

Started by piker, May 02, 2014, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Here's another opportunity for some fantastic float flying at Frenchman's Bay!

Saturday, May 10th, arriving at 4:30, and flying until dark.

Bring your planes, your chair, your friends and family, and expect to have a great time with planes, sand, water, and a sunset.

Everyone is welcome.  I hope to see you there!

here's the link to the location:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8167352,-79.1147209/43.8122371,-79.0922973/@43.8129031,-79.1015995,1434m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

And some pictures from last time:

piker

Alright!

The next Frenchman's Bay float fly is good to go for tomorrow evening!

The forecast is looking really nice, so I'm hoping for a nice, comfortable, fun packed, evening of float flying.

I hope all you regulars, plus anyone else who wants to join us (even just to watch) can make it out.

Bring a chair, or beach blanket, your plane(s), a drink and snacks if you like, and a jacket.  It'll be great... as always   ;D

See Y'all there!

piker

Well, unfortunately, it was a blow out at the float fly this week.  I figured it was going to be (even after hoping for the best) as I headed to the bay... but I went anyway, just in case.

Eric was there, and we knew right away that the conditions were not good for float flying.  We hung out for an hour with no hint of the gale winds softening.  By 5:30 we figured no one else was going to show, so we called it a day.  Unfortunately, as we were driving out, both Gerry and Graham were pulling in, but we continued home anyway.

I don't think the weather ever improved enough to make it worth sitting around.

I'm sorry for those who made the trip, just to find out it wasn't going to happen.

Our next scheduled float fly is for this coming Thursday evening.  So far the forecast is calling for rain, but I wouldn't put any money on THAT being accurate    >:(

I'll suggest that we can keep Thursday evening open as an option with Saturday evening as a back up plan.

I'll create another post.... tomorrow

eric

I went thinking at least I could try out my new boat. That's the first time I've seen white caps on the bay side AND the lake side. A total washout. Oh well, lots of time for float flying yet.

Eric