What is the power (or Max current) on the Hacker A50-14L

Started by Bobmic, November 25, 2013, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

I was looking at the Hacker Motor A50-14L but am not sure where to find the correct power.
In a couple of places I've seen it over 2000W and on the Hacker Catalog it's under 1700W.

The motor I am referring to is not V3 as in the Hacker catalog but I would not expect such a difference.
http://www.adchobbystore.com/Hacker-A50-14L-Brushless-Motor_p_48.html
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-vendo.php?shop=hacker_e&SessionId=&a=catalog&t=3&c=6681&p=6681

I've seen some prop tests with this motor which were around 2500W but since I am not sure what is the real maximum current allowed I am not sure which one is correct.

Thx
Bobby

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

I have the a50-16s and run 6S and 16x10 prop.  Amps are in the 50's and it takes an aggressive flight to even get the motor to what I would call warm.  I have heard of others using up to a 18x8 XOAR prop with this motor in 3D applications and although it gets hot it still manages.  Looking on the spec page I see they also recommend the 17X9 prop and I might try it next season although I frequently fly an entire flight and only have 10 seconds at full throttle in an entire flight!  The thing is just crazy powerful in a 6lb plane. 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bobmic

Thank you
- I was looking at the Slipstream S-Bach but I am surprised the owner flew ite with this motor as it will be under power as it weighs 10.1 lb with batteries.
I would expect that I plane like this will need to be over the 200W/lb :(

Wingnutz

Quote from: Ededge2002 on November 25, 2013, 05:55:19 PM
I have the a50-16s and run 6S and 16x10 prop.  Amps are in the 50's and it takes an aggressive flight to even get the motor to what I would call warm.  I have heard of others using up to a 18x8 XOAR prop with this motor in 3D applications and although it gets hot it still manages.  Looking on the spec page I see they also recommend the 17X9 prop and I might try it next season although I frequently fly an entire flight and only have 10 seconds at full throttle in an entire flight!  The thing is just crazy powerful in a 6lb plane.
Bobby,
Sorry if I'm bringing my personal agenda to your thread but I'm trying to motor a Sebart ARF which calls for a Hacker A50 14S...which I read as 425kv.
Try the HK SK3 5055 430kv with the recommended APC 16x8 E prop on 5S and get 36A and around 700W...not enough power to make a 7+lb model lively.
I have to stay with 5S so I've decided I need a higher KV rating and am looking at a Rimfire 80, 5055 500 kv which I've tested at 885W and close to 50 A on 5S.
Am I missing something?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Bobmic

Hey Bill may I ask which SebArt and from where did you buy it?
Without knowing too much I am guessing that these planes will benefit from a lower KV and larger prop but I am no expert.

Ededge2002

[/quote]
Bobby,
Sorry if I'm bringing my personal agenda to your thread but I'm trying to motor a Sebart ARF which calls for a Hacker A50 14S...which I read as 425kv.
Try the HK SK3 5055 430kv with the recommended APC 16x8 E prop on 5S and get 36A and around 700W...not enough power to make a 7+lb model lively.
I have to stay with 5S so I've decided I need a higher KV rating and am looking at a Rimfire 80, 5055 500 kv which I've tested at 885W and close to 50 A on 5S.
Am I missing something?
[/quote]

I suspect that the 14s is also using 6s .  Is there a reason to only use 5S Bill?  I think your 500kv guess should get you near the 425kv on 6S figures. (425KV x 6S =2550   2550/ 5S=510KV)  I to am curious of the airframe as most of the 50E sized Sebart planes are 6lbs or so.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Wingnutz

Bobby, Ed,
Thanks for your thoughts and advice. The model is the only scale floatplane Sebart offers...Macchi MC72. Think I'm going to put a Rimfire 80 (500kv) on 5S in it. The test numbers I generated using this motor looked a lot better than the numbers from the 400 and 430 kv motor results I got. 5S choice is a combination of weight and space restriction.
My Revolver 70 uses the same motor on 6s and it's close to 9lb. 6s in the Macchi at around 7lb would be ballistic and beyond my piloting abilities.
I bought the ARF from ThunderPower when they were still distributing Sebart...and yes, it's the red one.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sts41

Hi Bobby, Bill... I have a Rimfire 80 with 5S swinging a 14X8 prop in my Cub... I have a few flight log charts if anyone is interested. Shows real world running with an 7-8 lbs plane.

This setup is REALLY overpowered though. The plan was if ever I add floats, I would still have room to grow. The motor can easily take a 6S... and it isn't even warm. Take about 3 ft to takeoff.

Steve