Building Supplies

Started by Gregor77, November 26, 2013, 11:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Where is a good source for materials needed for building models?  I generally go to the LHS, but I need a small sheet of light weight aluminum for a machine gun ammo belt case and the access panels for the side of the plane.

:P

battlestu

three-time soap box derby champ Ronnie Beck once wrote, ``Poorly guarded construction sites are a
gold mine.''

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Bobmic

Quote from: Gregor77 on November 26, 2013, 11:29:31 AM
Where is a good source for materials needed for building models?  I generally go to the LHS, but I need a small sheet of light weight aluminum for a machine gun ammo belt case and the access panels for the side of the plane.

:P

I hope this forum is not monitored by CSIS or the CIA as it sure sounds a bit sketchy.
Anyhow I think you can find everything you need here:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=general+atomics+aeronautical+systems&ie=UTF-8&ei=DNuUUq2SHMfuoASd3YDQAg&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Madman

Greg

You must have more time when you come for a visit. I bought a bunch at a London swap meet a while ago. I could let one go. You could use styrene sheet. Easier to work with.

Stephen

michaely

For the machine gun belt, perhaps soda pop can....they are made of aluminum, very flexible, no cost.

Sig used to sell 12" by 12" squares of aluminum..... the thicknesses you likely want for the access doors, depending on aircraft scale, are 0.012" or 0.020"...... maybe re-purpose some kitchenware items like pie plates or roasting pans, etc.

good luck

Michael

pmackenzie