Hangar 9 B25 Retracts Recommendations

Started by Gregor77, September 30, 2014, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Well, just picked up the plane and it was a stressfull drive back from PA.   Anyways, safe and sound at home.  I was wondering if anyone can recommend some retracts for this plane?  I wanted to do the E-Flite 120 size, but I need Oleo's that would accomodate them.   I don't mind doing the HK route either as the costs would be less, but I am not sure how to do the steerable nose wheel as the plane uses a pull pull system.  Any suggestions would be great!

sihinch

At the weekend Colin said the FMS retracts are very good.  Maybe worth looking at.

Gregor77

This is an 18 lbs plane when completed.   I think that they might be too weak.  Looking at the Eflites right now and maybe match some Oleo's from the King.  But you know that I might end up close to the price of the robarts by the time I mix and match.  Maybe check Ebay and see if anyone has any?

sihinch

Colin said that FMS make a 1.20 size retract. Like the big E-Flite ones.....not looked myself.

daviator

CenturyJet makes a gear for the Hanger 9, B-25.  Model # 32588.  Pneumatic or electric conversion is available.

Gregor77

So finally got my ESC's.. I do have a question.. The ESC's are running off separate Batteries.  I noticed that with a Y-Harness the Motors seem to be beeping, left first and then the right one.  Is this normal?  They run fine applying power.