The Higgins challenge!

Started by Frank v B, October 02, 2015, 09:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I sent an email to Jack on Sunday, Sept 20, the day he went into the hospital.  He asked how everything went on Saturday.  In my report I told him about Andy Hoffer's advanced class build subject for me.  It was a Guillow's Strato Streak rubber power converted to RC electric.  I made the "mistake" of copying Andy on the note. 

Andy wrote back to Jack and me:

Now that you've proven this brilliant concept, are you going trick it out with add flaps and ailerons?!!  Huh, huh, are ya?!!!

To which Jack replied on September 21 at 9:10 pm:
"Do it, do it, Frank put your money where his mouth is.

Jack.

Sent from my command module "

On the way home from today's celebration of Jack's life, I dropped by John's Hobbies and bought a second Strato Streak to fulfill Jack's request. 
Ailerons and flaps it will have!  Coming to a Pilot's Meeting soon.

Never grow up. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Wingnutz

Why stop there? How about retracts? Jack would be proud!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Mr. Wingnutz,

re:How about retracts

Are you nutz?

Three pounds per square foot wing loading!  Skip the idea of a bomb drop..... but then if I connect the landing gear to the flap servo.....
Stay tuned.

Never grow up! ;D

Frank

Oscar

Frank,
Check this out.
8 channels p51, all under 3g.
https://youtu.be/JSgRTPGYEQA

Wingnutz

Wow Oscar, that P-51 is quite the accomplishment! 3g?...and it looks great! Are we siure this is legit?
Frank...you can do it! Meeting's on the 14th!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Messrs Oscar and Nutz,

That P-51 is amazing!  Joe Melinchak always has amazing small planes at the Neat Fair.

There is a fine line between fun stuff and anal obsession.  I have proof my plane flew.  There is nothing in the video to prove the P-51 flew.  My basement workshop is a hanger for flying airplanes to be judged at 100 feet and 80-150 km/h, not a museum for earthbound models.

.... so now my deadline is October 14.  Did Andy H. egg you guys on? :)  Whose side are you on?? ;D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Good job Oscar.  Cheque is in the mail!

Andy

BJROB

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!