Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

You might say Oscar and I chilled out at the field today!  It was magnificent winter flying: blue skies, sweet icy air and just enough fluffy snow for skis or floats. 8)

I believe @Oscar got a few photos which I am hoping he will post.

Cheers

Andy

Oscar

With -18c (wind chill), wind was about 7km/h (yes, it's cold).  It's only Andy and me flying at the field.  My phone is running in slow motion (at one time, my phone even froze).  I did manage to get some photos and video.  When I left, Andy is still at the field.   :P

https://youtu.be/WiouXMNJ558

Frank v B

Andy and Oscar,

I am working on a reservation at a local psychiatric hospital for both of you. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Michael

thehaze

This is how I'm picturing Andy right now. Someone should go by and make sure his planes... umm rather he's ok.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Oh my gosh!  It's warming up.  I better get out to the field right away before the snow melts.  I'm on my way there - I should be there by noon.  I'll see if I can find myself!!  ;D

Andy

Andy Hoffer

TEMAC - Feb 15 2016:
METAR CYKZ 151900Z 140 (SE) 09KT (16 kmh) 3SM -SN FEW012 OVC015 M05/M07 A2999 RMK SF1SC7 SLP170=

SPECI CYKZ 151807Z 140(SE) 09KT (16 kmh) 12SM -SN OVC016 M06/M09 A3001 RMK SC8 PRESFR SLP178=

METAR CYKZ 151800Z 150 (SSE) 08KT (14 kmh) 15SM OVC016 M06/M09 A3002 RMK SC8 SLP181=

Enjoyed some great family time with the crows who were standing by as sentries on the runway when I arrived.  We negotiated a deal   they agreed to leave voluntarily and I agreed to not join their flock when airborne - and the field was mine!
Winds at TEMAC were pretty much straight down the runway.    Good stiff winds aloft so the "heli" opportunities were perfect, and the snow is still nice and fluffy.  The only thing I really missed were catcalls from Frank and Mike!  8)

Andy

Ededge2002

I flew today Andy -18C without wind chill...

https://youtu.be/aQgpB9hGik4

Maiden flight so the middle of the video is crap because I was setting up spoileron/elevator mix.

Check that landing slide though it did make it to the fence lol
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Yay Ed!!!  The TEMAC Ice Pilots team is really hurting without you!

I am guessing (conservatively) that your visual acuity at 1000 feet is about 1 micron!  Phew!   ;D

Andy

deltawing

Woke up with a record breaking temperature, I just have no excuse to turn down a buddy call for a fly. First time this year. Andy I have to confess that I have yet to pay my due for 2016. We arrived before 11am and Frank Fong was already enjoying the warm weather flying his FT Guinea Pig; a scratch build with a bomb dropper. He flew the PIG couple times and on one flight he drop a home made bomb (a tape and a part) on top of us.  Lucky to us that Frank hasn't link up this FPV gear on this drop otherwise I will not be reporting, in the future watch out guys when you see that Guinea Pig flying on top of you.

Later time Greg show up with his adorable daughter, follow by Rod then Glenn, if I'm correct they are flying their Spitfire the hottest flyer to be at Rogo in 2016.

Before sun set Oscar text me that he is on his way to pick up milk and bread which is only available from the Rogo field.

What a day, no complain.  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Hi Everyone:

This is a friendly reminder that your 2016 membership fees are due.  http://temac.ca/?page_id=5

All members must be paid up for both MAAC and TEMAC in order to fly at the field.

Many thanks for your cooperation.

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

I flew yesterday with the Ryerson gang ... in the snow, savouring what was probably the end of this winter's flying !!  8)

Today was spent helping Michael R set up for the feeding frenzy (auction) next Sunday.      ;D

Andy

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I just looked out of the window and thought "what a perfect day for flying." My next thought was "why don't I go flying tonight?"

Kinda naughty, I know! Flying on a Tuesday. But I thought "what the heck, live dangerously!"

I'm going flying tonight!