High Performance Tricopter For Sale!

Started by DjjC13, November 30, 2015, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjjC13

I just moved to the GTA and I am interested in selling my custom built Tricopter. I built it for my 3rd year mechanical engineering capstone project. It has less than 2 flight hours on it.

After building it I have realized I enjoy building more than I do actually flying (I have a bad hand) so I figure that I may as well sell it to someone who will use it for its intended purpose.

It has about 15 minute flight time and due to its exotic thrust vectoring design it can reach speeds upwards of 65KM/h without using any excess throttle past hover.

It has a FPV setup on board (600TVL) and another servo stabilized 1080P camera on the front.
The FPV camera also has a tilt servo to enable the operator to look toward the ground during decent. The camera platform is completely vibration isolated from the main airframe. All assemblies are modular so maintenance is a pleasure.

It runs 800KV motors on 3S (up to 6S capable) with 12" carbon fiber props. The speed controllers are fully programmable using the SimonK firmware. Overall weight is about 2Kg. It runs a KK2.1.5 flight controller however I am also including a Multiwii Pro 2.0 with GPS and bluetooth for experimentation with autonomy.

I am also including basically everything to fly (Programmable 8CH Radio, FPV goggles, flight battery, 2 goggle battery, extra video receiver, charger, spare  props, spare motor, spare servos, antennas, assorted tools, and 42" hard rifle case). The entire project folds down into the case for simple storage and travel.

It is built with good quality components and custom 3D printed parts. I have all of the drawings and 3D models for every component. I will provide a full parts list and sourcing for every component in the assembly to enable replacements. I also run a 3D printing business so there is 100% replaceable components. You can find that at https://www.facebook.com/CalvertCreativeSolutions/. I will also offer the buyer a $50 credit toward printed replacement parts in the future.

I'm looking to basically break even with this project so I can possibly expand my 3D printing business (second printer). Somewhere around $2000 however please contact me and make an offer.

It is a true one of a kind and really draws looks. Pictures can be seen here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03zqw5i4ewyntvn/AAAG2Jwhcj-TLW0b9X8roo91a?dl=0

The best way to get a hold of me is to text or call me at 226-750-2027. I often cannot have a cell phone at work (security clearance) so leave a message and I will get back to them asap.