Recent posts

Building / Construction / Re: Top Flite SE5A - 50 year o...
Last post by Michael - Yesterday at 06:22:45 PM
Tail secured onto fuselage and hinged.

Last post by Michael - Yesterday at 03:17:03 PM
Radio, receiver and gyro/stabilizer installed.

Lower wing and main landing attached to the fuselage.

Trading Post / Top Flite Cessna 182 PNP
Last post by ppalumbo - Yesterday at 12:19:16 PM
Hi folks, making room for some new stuff so need to clear out planes I don't fly much.  The first one I'm listing is this Top Flite Cessna.  I found it flew best on the 2-blade setup so that's how I will sell it (with Spinner). It has a G60 500Kv motor and I believe a 90A ESC (I'll need to double check that) and fly's on 6S 4000-5000mAh.  The ARF is currently listing for $700 USD on Horizon. I'm Asking $400.  Just ad your RX and fly. See pics below.

Last post by Michael - April 21, 2024, 02:16:51 PM
Rudder painted.

Last post by Michael - April 21, 2024, 12:53:27 PM
The under-sides of the wings and stabilizer/elevator remain translucent off-white.

Last post by Michael - April 21, 2024, 12:11:26 PM
All main components have been covered and mostly painted.

A little more paint to go, followed by receiver/gyro-stabilizer/throttle installation.

Then some basic assembly.

General Discussion / Re: which batteries are better...
Last post by PDS - April 20, 2024, 03:11:46 PM
Hello,

Welcome to the hobby - I hope you find it as exciting as I do!

I am likely the least qualified to give you an opinion!  I only received my wings about a year ago.  I learned on an Apprentice [well, actually two Apprentices - I crashed and repaired the first one so many times it got beyond being airworthy and the parts were harvested and transplanted into other planes   :)  ]
I use a 3300 mAh battery.  The Apprentice is capable of at least a 10 minute flight with that battery - however my "nerves" always run out before the battery!  Ten minutes of hyper-focused concentration is a LONG time!  I rarely fly more than about 7 minutes.  While training my usual routine was: fly, land, pause, settle, pee, replace the battery, repeat.
In my opinion, better to have a few batteries that will give you 7 minutes than one that will give you 15 minutes. Sure, one can reuse the battery for several flights, but I prefer to change it after each flight. I would typically have 4 charged batteries at the field and, for me, that was enough!
Likely some of the more experienced fliers will have a different opinion, but there are my thoughts!
Paul   
Trading Post / FS: DJI FPV full package with ...
Last post by bfeist - April 19, 2024, 05:03:55 PM
Hi fellow TEMACers. I haven't been flying my DJI FPV drone for quite some time and thought I'd put it up for sale. It really is a lot of fun and gave me that feeling of flying I always imagined while flying RC.

Never crashed, always taken care of. Batteries always stored at 60% charge.

Paid: $2,374.70 + camera bag
Currently retailing for: $2052

Asking: $1200

Included:
  • DJI FPV drone
  • 3 batteries and DJI charger
  • DJI Goggles V2
  • DJI Goggles rechargable battery pack
  • DJI Goggles battery adapter that lets you use any 3-6s pack to power the goggles
  • DJI controller 2
  • 4 Props with case
  • 4 Spare props with case
  • A perfect camera case backpack that I bought separately
  • 2 USB charging adapters for remote and goggles battery
  • Video out USB adapter for connection to phone or tabled (Android or iOS) for spectators to watch
  • Spare canopy and goggles strap

Everything that you need to get flying
Building / Construction / Re: L-39 Albatross by Planepri...
Last post by msatin - April 19, 2024, 04:07:33 PM
Very clever solution Dave!
General Discussion / Re: Post crash analysis- did t...
Last post by msatin - April 19, 2024, 08:25:43 AM
Thanks Pat - Never noticed that