Piker Class Team Racing

Started by Papa, June 10, 2013, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Yes, you can design your own, if it's creative juices you want to appease.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

I said creative, Jack, not ingenious!

battlestu

Quote from: Papa on July 22, 2013, 10:20:22 AM
Yes, you can design your own, if it's creative juices you want to appease.

Jack.

i have one in mind... but i'm a little un-sure how check if the wing area meets the requirements
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

I have seen the Nooners fly up at Orangeville and they are fast enough for club racing, just keep your designed program, that way it will be successful.
If you learn to fly tight on the race course they will seem faster, its the same with E F1.
Someone should look at putting a v-tail on a Nooner, that will make it still a better flying plane and will fly very tight around the pylons, with the nose not dropping or digging in.

Ken

sihinch

Damn it Ken, you've spoiled my plan for 2014!!!

Ededge2002

I was going to post something but remembered I haven't hugged my trophy yet today
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

Quote from: Polecat on July 22, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
I have seen the Nooners fly up at Orangeville and they are fast enough for club racing, just keep your designed program, that way it will be successful.
If you learn to fly tight on the race course they will seem faster, its the same with E F1.
Someone should look at putting a v-tail on a Nooner, that will make it still a better flying plane and will fly very tight around the pylons, with the nose not dropping or digging in.

Ken

say someone was looking at doing that to their crashed nooner (not naming any names) ... would the v-tail be enough to turn the plane or should i they still install ailerons?
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran13

Lol "should i they" very inconspicuous Greg :P
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Polecat

Quote from: battlestu on July 22, 2013, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: Polecat on July 22, 2013, 12:54:40 PM

Ken

say someone was looking at doing that to their crashed nooner (not naming any names) ... would the v-tail be enough to turn the plane or should i they still install ailerons?
You would still need ailerons and just one servo for the elevators.

sihinch

Anyone know if there are plans or kits around for the Kaplouie?

http://community.fortunecity.ws/marina/tidal/192/sport.html

And did Rob Nelson come out with a design?

Papa

Look at the bottom of the link there is a .dxf plan available, he says.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Link doesn't work. I'm not that stupid Jack!

:-)

Andy Hoffer

Everyone cover your eyes for Jack's anticipated response!

Andy

piker

Todd was one of the guys who'd travel to our events, from Syracuse, for pylon racing "back in the day".  I haven't seen him since.  I could probably track him down if you like.

I'm going to try to find the plans for my Morphine.  That plane made the nooner's stand still   ;D

sihinch

Hope you like this "hunger" you've created Jack/Robert/Frank!

Hunger for speed.

Hunger for technical excellence.

Hunger for a win!