Warbirds

Started by octagon, August 16, 2015, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Thanks to everyone who made for a great day of flying at TEMAC Warbirds day. Jack made sure the weather was great (OK a little hot, but better than windy and cold), Simon entertained us with his high speed low passes (did you get the wheat stocks out of the Hunter's intakes yet?) Seeing Tom's B17 was a treat. Loved flying my EF Hurri with 2 others in a loose formation. 7 or 8 up at the end was very cool.  Greg, great job at the BBQ. What a blast, great day with friends and planes. Priceless!

What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Can't agree more. I think I flew just the right amount today - couldn't have done 1 more flight by the end.

Great to see Tom and Abi visit us. And Eric (who I bought an EDF from recently - there's a nice 90mm Mirage still on RCCanada!)

And Greg did the best job ever grilling hot dogs.

Thanks to Jack for organizing and to Graham and Michael for providing the refreshments.

We even had the Police Air Support unit pop in to say hello. Maybe we could have a crime fighters fun fly next year? Flying Batman?

wollins

Yup it was a good day even though I didn't have a warbird to fly! Got a great flight in at the end of the day with the waterbomber but on the second flight had a bit of a mishap.

No worries though, no damage really ... just lost a tip float and cracked a winglet ... already fixed! :) (Ben I later realized why I couldn't correct the abrupt veer to the left ... I had prematurely released my spring loaded switch which controlled my differential steering!)

Colin 
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

battlestu

ahhh warbird day.... a day when planes everywhere feel they need to bow for some reason :)

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

wollins

Quote from: battlestu on August 17, 2015, 09:10:54 AM
ahhh warbird day.... a day when planes everywhere feel they need to bow for some reason :)

Nice Greg ... nice!  ;D
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Papa

And that was just the take off! You should've seen the landings, Wow!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Wingnutz

Nice to know some things never change! ;D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Tom M.

Thanks for a fun day guys. It was great to see everyone! :)
  Tom

Michael

I had a great time.  :D

I had way too many hotdogs.  ;D

My Mustang is repaired (minor damage from an on-the-ground collision) and I programmed the brake on my new sailplane.

I'm really looking forward to the funfly in just under 2 weeks!
Michael