2014-58 TEMAC Tickler, Last Piker Class Race of 2014.

Started by Papa, August 31, 2014, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on September 02, 2014, 08:15:31 PM
Simon,

I bought my Nooner kit and 28 mm motor (sealed in blister package) at the London swap meet for $50.00 total. Yes it was a deal.  Jack was my witness.

My dear wife:  I came up from the basement to see the dishwasher through a rinse/drain cycle (it did not drain earlier) and had my repaired Nooner in my hand to mask it and spray paint it.  She said "What is that?", "My repaired Nooner.  The fuse folded double in a crash".  She looked at me and said with a straight face "maybe you should go on the buddy box the next race".  With my luck it will be Andy on the other end of the trainer cord. ;D

Frank

Please excuse Frank.  He is in a somewhat delicate state because he left his X-acto knife at the field on Sunday ... and I found it!!!  (Sweeet!) ;D

Andy

Polecat

Quote from: sihinch on September 02, 2014, 09:00:43 PM
We all run different motors in the Nooner Ken. The speed control is the limiting factor.  My 3 race planes all use differnt kV:

2200kV with 5.25x6.25 prop
2800kV with 4.7x4.2 prop and
3000kV with 4.1x4.1 prop

Wow those are hot little motors, they must be producing very high RPM's even with a 18amp esc and must be very fast. With all that power the Nooners can flown much tighter and yanked hard in the turns.
I think the speed of the F 1's is in the range of 90-110 mph with a high performance lipo [65c 2600 4c].
Bring one of your Nooners up to Orangeville for us to see it fly. @sihinch

Ken