trainer

Started by imran1042, September 24, 2012, 09:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran13

btw, why is it called a "Tickler" ?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

I got the spectrum receiver in my Cessna so i am good to go. The receiver does not fit very well so it is 1 inch closer to the front of the plane, does that matter much?
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Do you know where the cg point is for the aircraft? I if so you can put the battery in it and check the models balance.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

imran13

Quote from: imran1042 on September 24, 2012, 08:52:37 PM
I got the spectrum receiver in my Cessna so i am good to go. The receiver does not fit very well so it is 1 inch closer to the front of the plane, does that matter much?

You finally got the receiver working? Did you tape it in or velcro or what?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

the CG is fine, the receiver is not stuck on but will stick it with Velcro tomorrow..... hopefully the wind does drop, 20kph is high... but never trust the weather websites for days there are more than 3 days away , only sometimes it is correct.  ;)

Michael

Please note, the event this weekend is limited to TEMAC members only.
If you have not paid your TEMAC membership for 2012, you cannot participate.

All pilots under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian with each of them at all times.

Michael

imran13

Yes, sorry I haven't paid yet but if I pay Saturday or Sunday is that alright?

Thanks, Imran

imran1042

Yes I know everyone has told me that lol. Ok.
Thanks.. Simon told me to bring the forms and money on Sunday so we are.

imran13

Mine is at your house so just bring it with us when we go.

imran1042

Ok I will but bring the money

sihinch

Imrans,

I know you are both enthusiastic and excited (and believe me, it's infectious!) however I need to manage your expectations; you may not be able to fly on Sunday at the Skills Challenge.

We are limiting students on buddy boxes to only 2 events "Landing on a Dime" and "once around the block" and the student can only fly if a Qualified Instructor, who knows their skill level, agrees they can fly and agrees to fly with them. 

While we used the word "student" our intention was for students who were approaching "solo" qualification not a beginning student.  We need to have a good understanding of a students skill and safe flying ability, to ensure the safety of all our members and people in the vicinity.  Plus, we want your models to survive.  :) 

And we need to factor in the wind; as Michael has said, anything above 10km/h for a new student to fly at a skills challenge fun fly (with events designed to test pilot skill with lots of other members around) is not really safe.

Unfortunately you're joining TEMAC at the end of the season, after our flight instruction program for 2012 has finished.  This is the time of year when our members traditionally start building models for the next year, and flying smaller models indoors.

But, we'd love to see you.  Come and watch, see what models people use for which events, chat to other pilots and hopefully pick up some tips.  Plus there's the BBQ and prizes!  :D  It will be a fun day, no matter what and all members of TEMAC are welcome.

Cheers,
Simon

imran13

Okay, thanks Simon. I'll be there on Sunday.

You said that people go to fly indoors? Where do they go?

Thanks, Imran L