Training 2022!! slated to start Wednesday, May 4 at 5 pm.

Started by Frank v B, March 11, 2022, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

If you need training, help maidening an airplane or just want somewhere to be, come to Rogo Field.

We will be covid observant depending on the rules of the province in place the week before the start of training.  The full announcement will be made then and requires input from the Board... and the province.

Here's to hoping for unrestricted meetings.  regardless.... the fun will be unrestricted.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Excellent  can't wait to get started again. ;D
Count me in. 8)
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

BJ,

re: excellent  can't wait to get started again. ;D

Happy to instruct you...once I get my solo certificate. ;)

Frank

sihinch

I'm bringing my X-wing! May the 4th be with you! 😎

Frank v B

Simon,

"May the 4th be with you! 😎"

Yeth thir!

Frank

Bring your salad bowl and enjoy the visits. :)

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

PDS

My Apprentice and I will be back - looking forward to it!

Paul S.

Bill B

We have two new graduate students from Ryerson who will be out for lessons this year. See you guys in May, or maybe sooner.

Frank v B

Bill,

Have the new Ryerson guys contact me if they want to start earlier than the official May 4 instruction start date.  We can cobble something together for them.

Frank

WilliamK

Hello Frank, 

Just to introduce myself I'm William, one of the grad students that Bill mentioned.  Happy to get started earlier than May, the usual time of Wednesday evenings won't work for myself and my colleague Maya, so if you let us know when you're available we can coordinate on an alternative time. 

Cheers,
William

Frank v B

William,

I have sent you a personal message via our Forum on the next steps.

Welcome.

Frank

Knightlite

I have built my planes and would like to get into the air. I'm available this weekend if instructors are available.

Colin

Michael

Hi Colin

It's great that you are ready to start.

Wednesday late afternoon to about dusk, is instruction time, of course depending on weather. If an instructor is willing to help you on weekends, that's good, but instructors are also members of the club for their own pleasure. Many of them work during the week, and just want to enjoy themselves flying their own models on the weekends. Again, if someone offers to help, that's great, but don't rely on weekend training lessons.

Also, weekends are usually busy, and usually very busy on good weather weekends. Many members will be flying heavier, larger and faster models. We cannot ask members to refrain from flying so a beginner can have open airspace. It will be distracting and difficult to train on weekends.

Try to attend Wednesday evening training sessions, if you decide to join the club. Just be aware that weekend training is not a likely regular thing.
Michael

Proteus

Hi Frank,

Ethan is eager to be getting back in the air next Wednesday.

See you then!

Daniel

Frank v B

Thanks for everyone who attended.

Michael arranged for the rain to stop earlier this morning.  Someone got the wind gods upset because it was gusty.  It got a little chilly after about 6 pm but heck, since there was no snow it was a great evening.

At any one time there were 15 cars in the parking lot.  The instructors outnumbered the students thank you for attending.  Peter, Michael, Oscar, Carlos, Jeff, Graham, Greg, Phillip and ground crew members Mark and BJ handled their duties.

Two new members Alex Lee and Ray got their check flights under their belt.  Students Ethan, Colin, Paul, Ami and Mandeep dropped by as well.  They wind did not die down enough to do his solo flight.

My camera broke (screen died) so I will attempt to post the pictures tomorrow.  Without a display on the camera, there should be some photographic surprises that will wake Andy up.

Frank