E F1 Pylon Introduction At Orangeville R/C Flyers

Started by Polecat, June 11, 2013, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

What?! Putting Ed one lap down would be terribly unfair... to Greg and I, We need at least a 2 lap cushion.  8)

Let me check with my social planner, aka my wife and I'll let you know what day works best.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

I would take a three lap handicap but only if I could fly the Pyro! 

Two weeks tomorrow till the next scheduled Nooner race!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Polecat

Trying to get something together for Sat. July 6 and also July 21. Have 5 guys comfirmed already.

Ken

Polecat

Quote from: Polecat on June 27, 2013, 12:29:06 PM
Trying to get something together for Sat. July 6 and also July 21. Have 5 guys comfirmed already.

Ken
E F1 pylon introduction and practice is a go Sat. July 6 10am to 3pm. Temac members bring your Nooners  or just come to spectate. Hope the weather gods are with us.
PM me for directions.

Ken

thehaze

Went to Ken's field yesterday and did some flying around on the 3 pylon EF-1 course. Flew both my nooner and my Sundowner EF-1. It was a blast!

Flying while standing inside the pylon course is something else let me tell you. It feels way more intense than flying behind a station at TEMAC, and the amount of focus you place on the model makes you really feel locked into the airplane.

Thanks for having us at your field Ken. I will definitely be back!

thehaze

Polecat

Hoping to get another practice on July 21, that will be the last one for this year, as we are getting invaded by the corn planted around the flying strip.

Ken

thehaze

I'll be camping with the family that weekend so I'm going to leave it to others to represent TEMAC at the next one...

Polecat

Quote from: thehaze on July 07, 2013, 01:18:50 PM
Here's a short video I took of Ken flying his racer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRXkwOzQ_Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Here is a few pictures as well, Thanks Mike for the short video.

Ededge2002

Thanks for posting the pictures Ken. My scale voodoo doll of you is coming along and if you keep posting pictures of these beauties I will complete it before next season.... 
Ps last photo all white plane.  Is that the Proud Bird?  Any impression?  Could you name the other planes in the photo for those of us less familiar?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

I can give it a go.... From left to right

Shoestring, recovered shoestring, Proud Bird, Miss Linn, Sundowner, recovered Miss Dara (on the ground)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

Quote from: Ededge2002 on July 11, 2013, 09:34:21 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures Ken. My scale voodoo doll of you is coming along and if you keep posting pictures of these beauties I will complete it before next season.... 
Ps last photo all white plane.  Is that the Proud Bird?  Any impression?  Could you name the other planes in the photo for those of us less familiar?
Ed
The white plane is the Great Planes Proud Bird, the ARF is pretty good but Ed Smith is not happy with it. The glass cowl cracked very easy as it is made so lite and a lot of plastic around the wing saddle, there is a few other things too.
I still think the Dara has the best quality of the three ARF'S available now.
The HK Invictus is not far off from being released, will come all white and one will be red with the white and black.
The orange plane is the Outrageous and will be ARF, released this fall by World Models, I have a kit but scratched that one from the kit, this one is my favourite.
Planes in the last picture  Shoestring, Outrageous, Proud Bird, Toni and Sundowner. My Dara on the ground.

Ken

battlestu

adding some more shots from that day
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

Quote from: Polecat on July 07, 2013, 10:44:06 PM
Hoping to get another practice on July 21, that will be the last one for this year, as we are getting invaded by the corn planted around the flying strip.

Ken
Pylon practice is CANCELLED due to a low turnout.