Frenchman's Bay Float Fly Sunday May 17 at 5:00pm

Started by piker, May 13, 2015, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey everyone!

We have another float fly scheduled for this coming Sunday, May 17th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

We were there float flying a couple of weeks ago and the water was clear of weeds and beautiful for float flying.  I hope everyone can make it out!

Here's where we fly (either at the parking lot or the pit area just a little west of the lot... where we usually set-up):

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8164395,-79.114607/43.8127752,-79.0904383/@43.811802,-79.0921878,416m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for an awesome great time  ;D

I'll have the retrieval boat ready to go as usual.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Robert

Bigstik

Darn! Missed it by just a bit. Still in Florida, but heading back Mon the 18. Rob, anything planned for Tavares pond?
Bigstik

sihinch

eric

My wife's been very ill, but if she's feeling OK Sunday I'll be coming out. Ken Coleman said he'd make it out as well if the wind cooperates.

Eric

ken c

Oscar

Thank you so much Robert to organize such a wonderful event. There was very little wind and everyone had a great timtime. Thank you Glenn and Robert in helping me remaiden the flyzone beaver.

eric

Yes, an absolutely letter perfect evening for float flying. Thanks, Robert, for organizing these float flies.

piker

We had a great evening of float flying at Frenchman's Bay on Sunday.

We had a very modest turnout, but those of us who were there flew a lot and enjoyed the perfect float flying conditions.

We didn't have any club photographers with, so all I can offer is a few pictures I took with my phone:

sihinch

eric

Here's one more shot from Saturday night - Gerry Steckling's lovely cruiser sailing by.

wollins

That phone  takes nice pics!

Quote from: piker on May 19, 2015, 01:51:37 PM
We had a great evening of float flying at Frenchman's Bay on Sunday.

We had a very modest turnout, but those of us who were there flew a lot and enjoyed the perfect float flying conditions.

We didn't have any club photographers with, so all I can offer is a few pictures I took with my phone:
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

Michael