Kingston Electric Fun Fly June 27th and 28th

Started by piker, June 23, 2015, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey!  The 20th anniversary of the GREAT Kingston Electric Fun Fly is this weekend! 

This is always a fantastic event with a beautiful flying site, great organization, and a welcoming group of members who work hard to make a fun weekend for us electric flyers.

Martin Irvine is our host and was thinking about how to celebrate the 20th anniversary.  I don't know what he has come up with but I'm very much looking forward to the event as I do every year.  I've only missed two over the past 20 years.  One because of a wedding and the other for a funeral.  Nothing else is important enough for me to miss this event!   ;D

Several TEMAC members are regulars at this event, and I know even Simon is planning to attend this year. 

Some of us will be traveling to Kingston on Friday, to start the weekend early.  Michael, Simon and myself (and anyone else who wants to join us) will probably be flying at the club on Friday evening, then we'll likely go out for dinner.

Some of the guys stay at the local hotel but I will be camping at the field where there are usually several others camping, whether in a tent or a large camper.  Everyone is welcome to camp at the field but there are no hookups.  Egg and ham muffin breakfast is served both Saturday and Sunday, as is lunch.

The event runs from 9:00 to 4:00 both days with a good potential for float flying on Saturday evening, so if you have a seaplane, bring it along and join us.  We then usually go into Kingston for dinner as a group.

If you are interested in going and have any questions, just let me know.  I hope a lot of TEMAC members choose to make the road trip to help support this great event.  It's a fun "guys with airplanes weekend" away. 

Here's the location of the field from the 401:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/44.2831623,-76.7161389/44.3321769,-76.789039/@44.3048459,-76.7368994,8474m/data=!3m1!1e3

And here's the location of the float flying site from the field:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/44.3317704,-76.7888482/44.4043712,-76.8090519/@44.367203,-76.8171585,16314m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-76.7503983!2d44.3367087!3s0x4cd2b64aad3eee01:0x694502f70f23c187!1m0!3e0

sihinch

I am indeed going this year. What planes are people bringing? I plan to take:

Skywriter
Nemesis EF1
.25 size Spitfire
Nooner
Floatmosa
F-22 EDF

wollins

Bird Dog
Edge 540
Cosmic Wind
Morphine (haven't decided which "version" yet ;))
ASW 28 glider
CL-415

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

Albatross
1/5 scale Super Cub
Skywriter
DC3
Red Eagle
Sig Ninja slope-soarer jet

and maybe a couple ARFs
Michael

wollins

Quote from: piker on June 23, 2015, 04:20:05 PM
I've only missed two over the past 20 years.  One because of a wedding and the other for a funeral.  Nothing else is important enough for me to miss this event!   ;D

Crap! That's some record, I've also only missed two but that's only over the last twelve years. (Those two times were when each of my daughters was born. :))
|
|
|

piker

I'm bringing my:

Se5a
Sparrow hawk
Zero
CL-215 Water Bomber
Macchi M-33 Schneider racer
Morphine
Red Eagle or Spirit glider
maybe my park flyer Nieuport 17 for relaxed Friday evening flying

Ya and my brother's marriage didn't even last!... But my wife's grandmother's death did....   Woops! Was that in poor taste?   :-[

And my son who's now 20 years old was there as a baby the first year.

sihinch

You need to sell me the Sea Fury, Robert! You've not listed it to fly, so it must be just baggage for you. You should get rid of it! :-)

fliegerfunker

Last weekend we had our Father's Day FunFly and did combat with 8 Flite-test Spitfires.  Rolly has been cutting kits for these for $25 and we have quite a few flying here.  I'd like to do a noontime combat for those who are interested, so if anyone has a Flite-test plane, or anything else "scale" they would like to fly in combat, we'll be doing it at lunch time.

(Now, off to Roll's to cut trophy medallions.)

See you all in a couple of days,

Martin
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

piker

Hey Martin!  We're looking forward to the big event!

Simon, you're right.  It seems a shame to let the Sea Fury collect dust in my garage, but I do hope to find time to build and fly again one day, so I think I'll hang onto it   :)

Besides, I can't remember who had first dibs on it.  You or Colin...

bfeist

I'm sad to report that I'm going to miss this great event for the first time in 10 years. I'm flying out west to celebrate my mom's retirement by participating in a cycling event with her. Should be a great time, we'll be riding in the Drumheller badlands.

Kingston is my favourite flying event and I'm very sad to be missing it. Enjoy the Wilton Hilton!

Have fun everyone!

Bobmic

Is this event still going for tomorrow? Was thinking of driving over tomorrow morning but not sure due to the rain forecast.

Thank you,
Bobby

wollins

Yup, I'm planning to start my trek at 7am. :)

Colin.
|
|
|

sihinch

fliegerfunker

Here are some photos Jen Frazer (from our club) posted.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rockhopper-jen/sets/72157655159283775

It was great to see the brave souls who made it out on Saturday. A good day and no rain!

Martin
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.