Frenchman's Bay Float Fly, Saturday, July 11 at 5:00pm

Started by piker, July 08, 2015, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey guys!

It's time for another float fly this Saturday, July 11th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

The weather looks to be perfect, so I hope everyone can make it out!

Here's where we fly (At the parking lot as a first choice, or the pit area just a little west of the lot):

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8164395,-79.114607/43.8127752,-79.0904383/@43.811802,-79.0921878,416m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for an awesome great time  ;D

And as usual, I'll have the retrieval boat ready to go!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Robert

Michael

So far, float flying this year has been great!

Unfortunately, I'm working this weekend.

Have a great time!
Michael

Wingnutz

Unlike Michael, I'm not wrking today (or any other day).
See you at the lake...Bay...WATER!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

Thank you Robert for organizing the float flying event.  The wind was bit unsettle (at least for me) and during my Tidewater seaplane take off, it's unfortunate and crash.  Thank you Glenn for showing me the trick in taking off the Beaver without the float rudder.  Always learning new technique from you guys.  :D

Wingnutz

Rob,
Thanks for setting up a great evening...but please hurry and get Williams Point ready for Float Flying!
In the thirty odd years I have been going to Frenchman's Bay (the first twenty-five chasing wind to go windsurfing) I've never seen the place as busy as it was Saturday evening...crowded would fit.
Sometimes, there actually were good things in " the good old days"

piker

Thanks guys, for coming out.  Ya.  It never did calm down, but the breeze was quite manageable the whole time.

And Bill, there are benefits to the more crowded Frenchman's Bay... like the company we were forced to share our space with... (STOP that Piker... you dirty old man!)     ;D

Pictures to come...

Wingnutz