Eric Adams R.I.P.

Started by PDS, September 18, 2023, 08:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDS

Hello all,

I just learned that my long time friend Eric Adams died last week.  Eric was instrumental in me getting involved in flying RC planes, and he introduced me to TEMAC.  I don't think he has been very active lately, but some of you may remember him.

His obituary can be found here:

https://skwarchukfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/6583/Eric-Adams/obituary.html

A Dieu, old friend, to God.

Paul Scuse

sihinch

Oh gosh, how sad. I remember Eric fondly. So sorry to hear this.

I'm sorry you lost a good friend Paul.

Frank v B

Eric was a fun guy.  He loved old style free-flight converted to RC electric.
Always had a smile.
Will miss him.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Oh this is sad news!   :o   I remember him from EMFSO days and temac, his love for old timers!   Condolences to the family!

Oscar

sihinch

I just had the priviledge of helping Eric's wife & daughter clear his RC hobby items.  Eric was a true enthusiast and master builder and had lots of models, tools and building supplies. 

I will be administering Eric's estate sale on the forum and will be passing all proceeds back to his family.  They will be having a celebration of Eric's life in August 2024, so perhaps his items might raise some funds towards that?  His death was sudden and a shock to the family and Eric has spent his career supporting the Community as a Firefighter.  I feel honoured to be supporting the family with this.

I only managed to get his indoor models, building supplies and tools in the car today.  There are a lot of excellent quality items.  Perfect for indoor flying and build season.  Motors, glues, balsa, covering, lipos, transmitters, indoor models, floats......so much.  Like I said, Eric was a true hobbyist.

I will be placing all items for sale in the "Trading Post" section of the forum, starting tonight.  I will most likely use an auction style approach, with a starting bid and minimum increment, with a sale deadline.  I will ensure at least 5 days of bidding for all items, to allow people to see them and bid.  All sales will end at 8pm.

octagon

I too am very sorry to hear of Eric's passing. I got to know him a bit when I bought a couple of planes from him, and after flying with him before Covid. Very nice guy. RIP Eric
What could possibly go wrong?