E F 1 Pylon Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, July 12, 2023, 08:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

I am Planning to hold a race in Sept. on the 17th or 24th., I know its a lot of weeks till the race but it gives everyone some time to get their airplanes back together and doing some practice flying.
Let me know your thoughs about this and you can PM me any time.
I am hoping to see some of the old Temac guys give EF 1 racing a try again and if you need a plane or anything, I can help you out, as I have a good stock of planes and motors.
Also I like to let everyone know that Cory Paine attended the US Nats and flew in two events, Nitro Quickie 500 [sport] and E F 1, finishing 2nd in both events. In E F 1 after 7 rounds of racing, he was tied for first with Dan Kane with a perfect score of 28 Pts. The 8th round he had to race Dan Kane son [Jack] and had some bad luck, as he had one cut, which put him in 2nd place with 31 pts.
Cory also holds the E F 1 National fast time record of a 1:05 for 10 laps now, so the US guys will all be gunning to beat this time.
Lets all give Cory a big congratulations!!!
Remember Go Fast, Turn Left.

Ken Fluney

Frank v B

Either day is fine with me....so far.

Congrats to Cory.  He was fast at the US Nats because he trained with the Orangeville/Temac guys. ;)

Vadim, EF-1 on Sunday at Rogo Field? 8)  I figure with 40 flights before September we can get our times below 1:30. :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Frank
Practice, practice and practice doing laps and you will get your times down.
I have only had two flights on a E F 1 this year.
Go Fast Turn Left.

Ken

cpaine

thank you! yes 2nd in EF1 and national record of 105.44
and 5th in 424 sport Q500. (still got a trophy ;) )
I thank Ken and our Orangeville racing group that got me back into Pylon racing!! good times boys!!

couple of pics from Nats2023
maac #26951

VadimKirillov

Glad that there is still time to train for the races.  I guess i'd better start ..

Polecat

Temac guys who are interested in E F 1 racing, Frank, Simon and Vadim, I need your email address, could you please send it in a PM to me, I need it for the email that is going out. The race date is either Sept. 17 or 24, need the numbers of entries as I am taking the the day with the most people attending.
Thanks
Ken

Frank v B

Here is a special EF1 race prop for Corey for the races later this month.
It is called the "APC 8x8 Equalizer"   ;)

Frank

Polecat

Frank  You been practicing with the Scarlett Screamer?

Frank v B

Ken,

re; your "Frank  You been practicing with the Scarlett Screamer?"

No- That plane is my spare.  Am bringing the Pogo to the field tomorrow.
I don't have to practise much to come in last or second last. ;D
Bought a new 4S battery pack today.  This is getting serious.  Corey must be shaking in his boots.

Frank

cpaine

Quote from: Frank v B on September 02, 2023, 10:43:04 PM
Ken,

re; your "Frank  You been practicing with the Scarlett Screamer?"

No- That plane is my spare.  Am bringing the Pogo to the field tomorrow.
I don't have to practise much to come in last or second last. ;D
Bought a new 4S battery pack today.  This is getting serious.  Corey must be shaking in his boots.

Frank

Im shaking as much as your new prop design will shake!

Believe it or not, we have some more "new to Orangeville" guys coming to race. Current numbers could be around 14 pilots! its getting serious!

I am compiling an email with all possible participants and will send out later today.

Cheers boys!!
maac #26951

VadimKirillov

What is the final date for the race ? 17 or 24

Polecat

Sun. Sept 24th. A little more time to practice.

Hope to see you on the 24th.
I haven't heard from Simon or Glen if attending yet, we need more Temac guys up here joining in the fun.
Go Fast, Turn Left.

ken

cpaine

I sent an email to the group but got some kickback emails for simon (wrong email address)  and himcorepair... anybody that you guys know??
also looking for conformation of who is coming from the temac club.

this what i sent earlier.

Hello Race Fans!

This is a fresh email to get everyone on the same page. this is a current list of pilots that have confirmed they will try and be there... if you notice any emails that are missing, please forward them on.

currently we have 14 pilots wanting to race!! some good numbers if all goes to plan.

As far as weather is concerned, we will make the call as soon as we can to save some of you guys a bunch of driving for nothing. we dont want to hit the panic button either... nothing wrong with an overcast day, keeps everyone cool!!
so far looking good. stay tuned...

American friends. Just like when we come to the states to play, we need a AMA memberships. This also applies to our American friends to fly in Canada. its a temporary membership and its cost $40cdn... which is like 30US. its better to be safe then sorry in the long run.

https://secure.maac.ca/members/en/foreign_join.php

We usually only fly 4 heats, couple reasons, shorter day and less battery charging between heats.
2 batteries should be enough, race 1 charge 1.

I will provide a bbq, hot dogs and waters for when we are done racing.
Please feel free to bring other fast stuff to fly afterwards and enjoy the day!! nitro or electric.

Any questions, just ask!!

Location-
This field is just North of Grand Valley, On

195329 Amaranth East Luther Townline, Amaranth, ON L0N 1G0
maac #26951

Frank v B

Thanks Corey.  I have sent you a PM with my e-mail address and cell phone number.

Team TEMAC,

Join us for the racing on Sunday Sept 24. We need racers and volunteers

Anyone can attend...racing or helping.

We will meet at Tim Horton, Schomberg for a top-up coffee. I plan to be there about 8:30 am.
Tim's is on Hiway 27, 1 km south of highway 9 (south end of Holland Landing, about 5 km's west of Hiway 400)

Off to the races.  We leave Tim's by 9 am.  In brackets are the cumulative distances from Tim's Schomberg (67 km's).

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 at Orangeville where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection (west side).
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's (47.5 km's) to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's (63.8 km's) until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's (65.2 km's) it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km (67.0 km's) mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the flying fools our competitors.

Frank

Frank v B

Talked to our Ace pilot Vadim.  We will be travelling together to the races on Sunday.
Aiming to be at Tim's Schomberg by 8:30 am.
Looking forward to the usual Orangeville hospitality, camaraderie and sharp racing.

Frank
(someone has to come last  ;))