current status of ordering batteries from hobbyking?

Started by Ededge2002, March 10, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

What's the time required these days for packs to come from china?  Has anyone used the us distributor option?  Previously I used the better shipping option from them and stuff was here in only a few days. Is it still that good?

Any input appreciated!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I ordered an 1800mAh lipo from HK and it was here in less than 2 weeks.  I'll look up the exact time.

But it wasn't longer than previous.

Bobmic

In my case it is usually longer - consider close to a month to be sure...
I never ordered from the US warehouse as it was significantly more expensive and I am not sure they ship via USPS. I did order from Hobbypartz a while back and they have a flat rate of $10 from the US.
There was a period when shipping Lipos from the states was banned but I think they worked this problem out.

sihinch

It was a bit longer than 2 weeks.

I ordered on 16th Feb and it arrived 6th March. So just under 3 weeks.

Polecat

Hobby King is really our only source for online ordering of lipo's or buy from our LHS. There was a rumor that Hobby Partz's was shipping by DHL but they would be charging a brokage fee, duty and 13% taxes, another UPS/FEDX.
Guys take FULL advantage of getting your Lipo's from Hobby King NOW, as we don't know what will happen with Swiss Air.
I talked to Headsuprc in FL., they are working on a way to ship lipo's to us, as we where a very large percentage of their sales and shipping was only $7.00, with delivery of about 7-10 days.
I have used Headsup lipo's for a almost 5 years now and not any problems.

Ken

sts41

I just ordered some Lipo's for my mCPx, and it took 6 days from the time I ordered until it was shipped. Then it took another 20 days to get to me....

Not sure why the 6 day before shipping...But I rather wait than pay ANYTHING to UPS....

Steve

wollins

Almost always two weeks (almost to the day) for any order from HK for me. Eg: Last order was on 30/01/2013 and came on the 15th Feb, 2013. (16 days) Latest order ordered on the 12/3/2013 and I expect it in on the 26th or 27th.

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

wollins

Quote from: wollins on March 18, 2013, 09:25:09 AM
Almost always two weeks (almost to the day) for any order from HK for me. Eg: Last order was on 30/01/2013 and came on the 15th Feb, 2013. (16 days) Latest order ordered on the 12/3/2013 and I expect it in on the 26th or 27th.

Colin

As predicted last order came yesterday like clockwork!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

Although this order was not batteries i figured I would post the times.

ordered and paid on April 6
Order printed at wharehouse on April 8
April 12 hongkong
April 15 Mississauga
April 16 Delivered

this was with EMS postage selected and was only a small package containing 7 recievers. (12"X8"x6")
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Batteries and heli blades - ordered Mar 5 2013

Followed up March 20 2013 by Live Chat to see why so slow on shipping the order (no backordered items!!)

Mar 22 2013 19:50  Shipped via SingPost AirParcel 4kg / 7-21Days

Apr 8 2013 15:21  Delivered

Time en route:  17 days

Total time from order to delivery:  34 days

MarcV

Andy, Heli blades?  I need to get out to the field more often!

Marc