2016-10, TEMAC Tickler, Rules Reminder

Started by sihinch, May 08, 2016, 05:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

This is my early season complaint Tickler!  Hopefully the last.

I need to remind all members, old and new, that you cannot fly at Rogo-field without your MAAC or AMA membership, and your wings (MAAC wings or TEMAC park wings.) 

Please, do not fly if you do not have your wings.

If you do not have your wings, you must fly with an instructor.  Our training night is Wednesday, from 6pm until dusk.  We do not organise training at any other time.  Any additional training is at the discretion of the instructors, but please don't pester them or become a nuisance.  They like to fly too!

We are predominantly a fixed-wing club.  We can not and do not train people to fly helicopters or multi-rotor aircraft.  If you want to fly a quad or helicopter a TEMAC, you must have your MAAC wings (this is an insurance requirement.)

Again, please, do not fly if you do not have your wings.

TEMAC takes the safety of our members, guests and neighbours very seriously.  Therefore, if you join our club from another club, even if you have MAAC wings, you need to complete a check flight with one of our instructors before you can fly alone.  You may think this is untrusting and overkill, but it is for the safety of everyone, and to prevent risk to the clubs operation.

If you join from another club and have your wings - arrange a check flight.

If I, or any member of the Board finds that you have broken these rules, you may have your membership terminated and asked to leave Rogo-field.

Our rules are in place to protect other members, visitors, neighbours, nearby property and the operation of our club.  Please understand that.

Lastly, we had to remove the 6th "hover station" from the south of the field.  This station did not comply with MAAC safety requirements; it was too close to parked vehicles. 

Moan over!  Happy, safe flying everyone!  ;)
Simon

Frank v B

Simon,

re: rule #2  "members who have not earned their...wings must fly under the supervision of a club instructor."

Could please publish a list of the people you consider "The Club Instructors" so people know who they can ask for help.

Frank

ps:  I sure hope I am on the list. :D
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

There's the CFI - the Instructor Boss Man.

Mike Hazelton

sihinch

His sometimes assistant, nice Guy and helpful chap.

The ever hungry Frank VB

sihinch

Mr Nice Guy, always smiling, always willing to help.

The crazy fun loving, rocket powered Greg Hazelton

sihinch

Mr "Flying Nicely", Mr. Smooth, never crashes....our founder!

Michael Rogo-field-zinsky

sihinch

Our friend and local hobby shop Supporter - literally!

Ron Brott (and his helper!)

sihinch

Never willing to give up until the last straw!  Mr. Bruce "I can save it" Weaver! 

sihinch

And your truly.  The truly good looking, helpful, friendly, caring, generous, never grumpy, never complaining club President!

Simon Hinchcliffe.

sihinch

Hopefully I've not forgotten anyone.  If I have, I am sorry and hope you will still continue to instruct!  ;D

Frank v B

Simon,

Re: the post on Mr Hinchcliffe "The truly good looking, helpful, friendly, caring, generous, never grumpy, never complaining"

We will decide that!  :D
You just keep running the club. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on May 09, 2016, 02:55:47 PM
And your truly.  The truly good looking, helpful, friendly, caring, generous, never grumpy, never complaining club President!

Simon Hinchcliffe.

Simon has taken a blindingly sinister and superbly crafty approach on this post.  He has used a shotgun approach, dispensing so much bait in all directions that folks will be at a loss as to which to grab first, leaving all totally stunned!!  :o

Andy

Michael

Michael

piker

gmcnic

NOTAMS 2016/05/01 valid until further notice
ATTENTION:  ALL PILOTS

TEMAC rules have been updated to reflect the evolving aspects of the hobby and their integration at Rogo Field.  Please take a few moments to review them along with the updated field diagrams.

Updated rules can be found here:  http://temac.ca/?page_id=239

Field layout diagram is found here:  http://temac.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/field1.png
Flying zone diagram is found here:  http://temac.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/field2.png

Safe flying everyone!
Graham