HELP needed at TEMAC.

Started by Michael, July 02, 2005, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hello all TEMAC members.

I need some help if possible at TEMAC.

1. The new taller fence, that was installed about 2 months ago is already broken at a few posts. This is probably from people leaning on them. There's a few unused posts still at the field. Can anyone come by with a mallet or strong hammer and help put replacement posts up?

2. Please try to keep the fence in good shape. While we can still fly if it is broken, a nice appearance to the field goes a long way towards our overall enjoyment of the place. The same goes for the whole field. Please don't leave any garbage.

3. The old TEMAC sign is broken. Can anyone make a new one? A more robust one?
It should read "TEMAC" in large letters, and below in smaller letters "PRIVATE PROPERTY".
The sign should be about 3' wide and about 1' tall, and should be able to be read on both sides. It should be mounted on a post about 6' to 8' high.

Any volunteers?

I flew there today between 2pm and 3pm, all by myself, practicing loops, square loops, landings, and just flying around. I'll also be there tomorrow morning, prabaly about 10am to at least noon.

The field is quite dry and slightly bumpy, but still smooth enough for decent takeoffs and landings.

Michael
Michael

the giant

Hey Michael,

I will bring my sledge hammer on Wednesday night.  As well, i have some pressure treated lumber (4x4's and ?) that perhaps could be used by a member to construct a sign.  I might even be able to accomplish something myself if i have a little better idea as to what you are looking for.

Andre

Michael

John Kusturin said he will try to get a sign made in the next little while.

I hope to be there Wed evening; if I am, I'll bring a heavy-duty staple gun.

Michael
Michael