Ryerson- flying Sat. March 12

Started by Frank v B, March 08, 2016, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Looks like the weather will be on the plus side.  Hopefully Andy's dandruff (snow) and sneezes (gusts) will stay away.  I am good for 12:00.
Final go-no go will be by phone 9 am Saturday.  My frame of mind is "go" unless something weird happens.

Caution- if the temperature stays on the plus side this week it will be muddy in the parking lot.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Frank v B

Looks like we are more than a "go" for tomorrow.  No snow!  Andy will be totally lost. :)
Peter Bradley from Ryerson is coming and bringing his quadcopter for a test drop of  glider.  Since I don't do vertical flying objects or buckets of bolts (helicopter, quad), Simon will try to guide Peter.
Any quad-friendly members would be appreciated.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 08, 2016, 10:21:53 PM
Looks like the weather will be on the plus side.  Hopefully Andy's dandruff (snow) and sneezes (gusts) will stay away.  I am good for 12:00.
Final go-no go will be by phone 9 am Saturday.  My frame of mind is "go" unless something weird happens.

Caution- if the temperature stays on the plus side this week it will be muddy in the parking lot.

Frank

You can bank on weird.  ;D

We should do like they do in the Olympics - truck in some snow.  8)

Andy

sihinch

What a hoot that was! Had a wonderful time today, and really enjoyed meeting more of the Ryerson teams. There's a fixed wing team who keep letting me fly their aeroplanes, which is fun, and then another team who do something with TV aerials, I think! And Peter who very kindly supplied snacks - that's always a wining tactic!

I want to thank Andy for his wonderful bedside manner and top-tier first aid. I lost an argument with a propellor!

My highlight - the big X8 wing. Loved it. So I ordered one!!!

There were lots of quads out and it reconfirmed we need to clarify the "rules" for TEMAC. The Board discussed it last week and I will post an update either later today or tomorrow.

Anyway - great fun. Great to see everyone.

sihinch

Oh, but one bad thing. I got told off by Zarana for saying her name wrong! I was in trouble.

Sorry Zarana!

Frank v B

What a great day of flying.  The Ryerson students noted the changes:
- baseball caps instead of toques and scarves
- hip waders instead of snow boots
- sunblock protection instead of frostbite protection
- ....and....what wind?

Thanks to all the help from members in getting the various projects off the ground...literally.  Great to see both Ryerson project planes do their maiden flights.

And Simon re: your post  "I got told off by Zarana....". If you don't get told off by Zarana you're not trying hard enough.  Get with the program buddy. ;D

Frank