First Meeting Since 2020

Started by octagon, October 07, 2022, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Hello Everyone,
It has now been 2 1/2 years since we have had a formal Temac meeting. I am pleased to let you know that we are planning one for December 1, 7:30 till 10:30 at the Langstaff Community Centre on Red Maple Road in Richmond Hill. We have rented a large, modern, well ventalated room. Further details will follow, but we will have our AGM and as in the past, and an unofficial  swap meet. Bring anything you would like to sell or give away. If you have something to bring to show and tell, by all means do so. Speaker(s) have yet to be finalized. Temac will supply refreshments and snacks. Plan to attend if you are able and inclined. The room is big enough to allow us to keep a safe distance, and it would be good to see everyone and catch up. I have attached a map of Langstaff CC. Please note that although the address is on Red Maple, the parking entrance in off of Bantry Lane which is directly North of the Centre. Look for further details as we get closer to the date.

Hope to see everyone there.
What could possibly go wrong?

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Yeah! 
For those of us who have a bit of a travel issue during rush hour*, I smell the makings of a dinner at about 5:30 at a nearby Swiss Chalet before the 7:30 start.  8)

Frank

* I live near Yonge and St. Clair and would have to head north by 3 pm or get stuck in north-bound traffic!... right Simon H. and Simon C.?
"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

Looking forward too the event!
Guy
ps; Perhaps I can pick-up my purchases at that time?

Gregor77

sihinch

Quote from: GuyOReilly on October 07, 2022, 07:05:09 PM
Looking forward too the event!
Guy
ps; Perhaps I can pick-up my purchases at that time?

LOL, just in time for the Holiday season!  I'll ask Santa..... ;D ;)

octagon

By now I think most of us know that we lost Ken Coleman recently. For those who don't know, Ken was an extremely accomplished builder. Most of his planes and equipment have been aquired by others through sales. But there are still some tools and indoor planes and an old timer that Frank Van Buren picked up from Ken's house when asked to by Ellie, Kens wife. We will have an auction at the meeting on December 1st. Proceeds will go to Ellie. Please bring cash if you wish to bid on anything, as it will go directly to her. Hope to see everyone there. A reminder there will be in informal swap meet and also  a show and tell, so bring anything you want to get rid of, and anything you might want to share with us all.

Michael

7:30 PM - Come into the room, set up, say hello.

Informal swap meet (bring stuff to sell, and bring money to buy stuff)

Formal welcome, and discussion about: events of 2020 to 2022, club and field business, lease for 2023, reports from board members and Chief Flight Instructor, remembering passed members, etc.

Presentation on the history of TEMAC, and the changes and challenges we face in the future.

Break for snacks and drinks, and additional swap meet deals.

Show and Tell.

Auction of items from the collection of past member Ken Coleman, proceeds of which will benefit his widow.

Michael

bfeist

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend due to some travel. I miss everyone. Have a great time!

Ben

Georgetsigaridis

Is anyone getting together for dinner prior to the AGM?

octagon

I think Pat and Frank are George

Frank v B

Dinner

Some of us are planning to meet for dinner at about 5:30 pm before the AGM at the Swiss Chalet on the north-west corner of Yonge and 16th. 
Come join us when you can.  Some of us have to leave by 7 pm to help set up the room before the 7:30 start of the meeting.

Frank
(416-605-0707)

Frank v B

NEWS FLASH!!!!

This confirms that Pat MacKenzie will attend our meeting.  He will be doing a presentation on his attendance at World Championships on the Canadian Team.  He flies Indoor RC aerobatics (F3P), Control line combat (F2D), Discus launch glider (F3K) and Control line aerobatics (F2B).

How do I know he is attending? .... I have three of his planes* in the back of my car so he can be picked up by Andy Hoffer at 5 pm at the subway station and delivered to join us for dinner at Swiss Chalet (Yonge and 16th) at about 5:30.

Just in case you wonder about Pat and his brother Ivan's commitment to modelling- here is a photo of the license plate of Ivan's car.

Frank

*indoor RC, Control line combat, control line aerobatics.
ps: model classifications under FAI https://www.mat.uc.pt/~pedro/ncientificos/FAIclasses.html

pmackenzie

Great time at the meeting last night, hope I didn't go on too long :)

Here are some videos of the type of models I discussed.

F3P flight last weekend in Cobourg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryR0K8rzdY

F2B (control line stunt) flight in Perth Australia (In the audio at one point you can here a control line speed model being flown, as well as a combat match)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0yotp8AHxM

Another F2D flight between me and my brother, at Centennial park in Toronto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AaxsbRMImk

GuyOReilly

Thank you @pmackenzie for your presentation!
The videos made me dizzy this morning  :o
Havea great day!