Ryerson- this weekend Feb 20-21

Started by Frank v B, February 17, 2016, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

The motley crew and evidence of carnage!

Michael

Michael

sihinch

It's the RC Lander one.  I wouldn't recommend it. I'm unhappy with it.  I wish I'd got the Freewing 90mm one instead.

Frank v B

First of all to all the nay-sayers- it was a beautiful day.  Sunburn and windburn at the same time.  Three students had two flights each.  Thank you to Graham for clearing the runway.  Not a fleck of snow.

No Mr. Nutz, no whitecaps in our coffee cups but I did manage perfect 3 point landing across the runway.  The wind was from the west.

Thank you to Simon and Greg H. for their support.

We will be back at it again tomorrow (Sunday) at noon.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

only one brave student was out today... i think the north wind kept everyone at home :)

or could it be the "characters" that can be found at the field??

we'll never know....
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

... cold, miserable, blustery, dry, cold feet.  Oops, that was a description of Andy today... The weather was about the same. :D

from the Hoff's earlier post:

"Should be fun watching Frank dance in the rain...   8)"

Not a drop of rain either day.  Yep, the wind was there.  Today it was at least straight down the runway.

Thanks to Greg H., Cadez and Andy for helping out today.  Zarana got three flights in, the last one was with a real instructor.... Greg Hazelton.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: battlestu on February 21, 2016, 02:53:19 PM
only one brave student was out today... i think the north wind kept everyone at home :)

or could it be the "characters" that can be found at the field??

we'll never know....

Definitely the dude in the red hat!  You'd have to have a really strong constitution to endure that for two days running.  A true testament to Zarana's intestinal fortitude!! ;D

Andy (waiting for this week's snow) Hoffer