!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Toronto Electric Model Aviation Club (TEMAC) > Ryerson Training

Ryerson- flying Sat, March 26

(1/2) > >>

Frank v B:
They want to try out a new plane for the data logging group.  I will meet them, and any other Ryerson Student(s) on Saturday, March 26 at about noon.  It is a rain date for my Friday morning job but I should be able to get there by noon.

Frank

sihinch:
I'm hoping to attend, Frank.  I want to try out a new (Ryerson inspired) plane, too!  :)

Frank v B:
What a great day.  A lot of stuff was flown today:
- Ryerson members flew the flying wing, hex-copter and attempted the new Bix3 (did not co-operate).
- Simon maidened his new flying wing.  Flew great.
- Simon re-re-maidened his repaired Reverb.  Flew well on the first flight but then on the second flight I saw Andy H and Simon do the walk to the bean field with wings and things not looking symmetrical coming back. 
- I re-maidened my repaired Aeronca Champ.  Last year the wings folded at 75 foot altitude and less than 3/4 throttle.  It flew fine after a few trim adjustment to aileron and rudder.
- Glenn did his one-man Battle of Britain flying his Spitfire and the Lancaster, then a leisurely flight of his Bird of Time glider.
- Greg H maidened his RedEagle.  He abandoned last week's attempt using wing warping as a turning mechanism.  Warps are gone.  One wing had severe wash-in.  Easily corrected.
- Greg H maidened his little FliteTest flying wing pusher.  New version of a Zagi.
- Frank (the other one) flew his FliteTest twin foam board cargo plane.  The one he showed the video of using differential thrust on the motors to sweep his garage floor. :)
- Andy H had only half the usual insults because he was busy flying his Pitts (his state of mind, not the airplane  ;D), Extra and Radian.

Graham, BJ and I spent a lot of time playing in the puddles on the driveway and parking lot cutting drainage ditches.

A great day.

Frank

sihinch:
Yes, thank you Frank, Graham & BJ for being a very hardworking "unofficial" work crew. Noted and appreciated.

And thanks to Andy for some great shots!

I did indeed crash the Reverb. It dipped a wing drastically on finals and I lost it. Nose went in a good 3". Broke the fuse - again!

battlestu:
Thanks Frank for catching the wing warp... hard to see that in m cave :)
The red eagle was everything i hoped it would be just wished i finished a bit earlier

Also thanks to Andy for taking some great photos of the plane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version