Flight training- Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Started by Frank v B, August 16, 2021, 09:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

It will start at 5 pm.  The weather forecast... whatever.  It doesn't affect my decision to go. ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Gorgeous day.  Warm.... mild wind ..down the runway again, sunny.  If today were Covid-free it would have been the best possible day at Rogo Field.

I found my camera... in my car... after an archaeological dig on the weekend.

Students were Max, Kenny, Calvin, Ethan, Mike, Paul, Ami.
Instructors were Carlos, Oscar, Philip, Jeff, Vadim.
Ground crew were BJ, Richard, Mark.
Peanut gallery staffed by Graham and Eric W.

Photo report:
82- Dave..of the afternoon shift at Rogo... ready to go home.  Neatly packed car.... so that's what one looks like.
83- Mark hooking up his transmitter as buddy box to Ethan's transmitter.  If the photo looks blurry... you have not been drinking.
84- "Ethan... How did Mark do as a ground crew today?"
85- Ami on his knees praying for divine intervention at the start of instruction.
86- Mike Veit smiling because he earned his solo privileges.  Great job sticking with it despite the TX/RX problems.
87- Calvin before his first flight tonight.
88- Smoke is coming out of Max's ears when he experienced buddy box problems again.  When fixed, he promptly earned his solo privileges for next week's session.
89- Vadim proving Santa works all year around.
91- Eric W. explaining indoor flying in the winter.
92- What Graham looks like after seeing a ghost.  He was there again tonight.  Always good to see him at the field.
93- Kenny prepping his plane.
95- Ami proving there was a smile behind the mask.
96- Oscar and Calvin after a flight.
97- Philip and Paul.
98- Kenny came bearing gifts.
99- Vadim tempting fate again... before the flight.  It went well.
00- Carlos smiling from ear to ear.  He has made it out every instruction night.  Thank you!
01- Mark after a re-maiden of his re-built model.
02- Vadim after the flight.  He was still shaking. Notice Graham in the background.  He found his smiler.
03- Kenny flying his Pitts biplane.
04- Ami thanking instructor Jeff post-flight.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"