New Contraption

Started by gmcnic, September 21, 2021, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

When I arrived at the field on Sunday morning, Greg Cadez and Mandeep were on the buddy box working Mandeep's Aerostar.  They had some new contraption beside them at the pilot station.  I think it was brilliant but will let @Gregor77 fill in the details.

Frank v B

Greg did really well in cut-and-paste class.  Sophia is his teacher.   ;D

The official version is a frisbee tied to a pole.... and Greg will fill you in on the purpose.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Sorry guys it was a busy week.  I was assisting Mandeep on some flight time, but the only free time was 7:00am forward till 9:00am.  At that time the sun was either right in our faces or we had some nice overcast skies. 

While I was in California with Carmen, we stopped by a few fields. It seemed the sun was always in everyone's face.  The guys there had these posts with a small disc mounted at each flight station.  The gentlemen told me it helps with the sun.

I told the morning crew about this years ago, guess it fell on deaf ears.. excuse the pun.  Well it works perfect, you basically let the plane pass over or under it.  It totally prevents the glare.  I just used a piece of left over foam board and some PVC pipe.  Simple and it can be adjusted via Velcro or tape.