2016 ARFs

Started by Michael, January 28, 2016, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Robert Pike, well-known master builder, who is always extolling the virtues of built-up models, recently succumbed and confessed to me about a new ARF he bought, so I thought a new thread to share images of our new ARFs might be appropriate.

I just finished assembling two ARFs for this summer.

I bought an E-Flite Shoestring racer a few months ago, and just finished it. It has the E-Flight power-25 brushless system. Although I usually shy away from fast models, I've been told this model is very stable, so I look forward to joining in on those impromptu and unofficial EF1 races at TEMAC.

I also bought the new 1.2 meter E-Flite P51D Mustang with flaps and retracts (both included and installed).

Michael

battlestu

thumbs up on the shoestring!!

it's a solid plane :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

The rumours are true.  Here's a picture on the ice.  Sorry about the light level, but you've all seen this particular ARF before  ;D

Hint...  It's the Flyzone Beaver... the newer, red, silver, and white one like what Michael has.   It's such a great looking and flying plane that can fly from water and snow, and only required about an hour of assembly.  I flew it from the ice last sunday, before sunset   ;)

sihinch

Wow, that's an amazing picture Rob!

bweaver

;D I would have taken the picture before sunset.  I like the red and green lights though.

Wingnutz

Quote from: piker on January 31, 2016, 09:48:49 AM
The rumours are true.  Here's a picture on the ice.  Sorry about the light level, but you've all seen this particular ARF before  ;D

Hint...  It's the Flyzone Beaver... the newer, red, silver, and white one like what Michael has.   It's such a great looking and flying plane that can fly from water and snow, and only required about an hour of assembly.  I flew it from the ice last sunday, before sunset   ;)
Good thing we've "all seen this particular ARF(?) before  ;D" ! Photo hardly does it justice! :D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

thehaze

Quote from: piker on January 31, 2016, 09:48:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWfbIe4X_4
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

Couldn't help it, I bought/built another one!

I had the guts from an E-Flite Splendor (6-cell system), and stuffed them into a Hangar 9 Pulse XT (70" wingspan).

Michael

piker