Frank- trying to make an 80 year-old retired pilot smile- a 50" span Tiger Moth

Started by Frank v B, October 25, 2019, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Gosh @Frank v B this is very different vs. your normal "50:50" rule!

Is this CoronaSituation creating a new you?

Frank v B

Simon:

re:  "this is very different vs. your normal "50:50" rule!"  Better or Worse, if it is not equal??

Done !!!!    Ready to fly.

Beauty shots.  I am going to leave the struts as is for simplicity.  There are supposed to be two struts on each side.  My logic- the more the upper and lower wings are attached to each other, the more pieces there will be in case of a crash.

Now it is up to the Post-Coro Rogo Opening announcement
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Georgetsigaridis

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B

.. / -.- -. . .-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- . .-. . / .- / --. .-. . .- - / --. ..- -.-- --..-- / -... ..- - / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / -.-. .-.. . .- .-. .-.. -.-- / . .- .-. -. . -.. / ... .- .. -. - .... --- --- -.. / --- -. / - .... .. ... / --- -. . -.-.-- / -... .-. .- ...- --- / ... .. .-. -.-.-- / .. / .-.. --- --- -.- / ..-. --- .-. .-- .- .-. -.. / - --- / - .... . / .--. --- .-. - .-. .- .. - / ... . ... ... .. --- -. .-.-.- / .- -. -.. -.--

Frank v B

Andy Hoffer

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on April 10, 2020, 04:03:00 PM
Simon:

re:  "this is very different vs. your normal "50:50" rule!"  Better or Worse, if it is not equal??

Done !!!!    Ready to fly.

Beauty shots.  I am going to leave the struts as is for simplicity.  There are supposed to be two struts on each side.  My logic- the more the upper and lower wings are attached to each other, the more pieces there will be in case of a crash.

Now it is up to the Post-Coro Rogo Opening announcement

I KNOW there is an antenna wire in there somewhere.  I guess the flash died out at the back of the photo!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

What woke up Andy on this post was a note I sent out earlier today asking Bruce and Andy to help me maiden the Tiger Moth later this week.

We are not going to wait for Covid to run its course before maidening this airplane in front of Ray, the owner.  We are going to maiden the plane later this week and take photos and videos of the event so we can present them with the plane to the owner as a TEMAC project.

Am aiming for Thursday, June 18 but will confirm the date once I check with the important players tomorrow.

Bruce- pile-it assistant and videographer
Andy- 72 meg antenna extender and photographer.
Mark- clapping...if the maiden is successful. Garbage detail if not.  ;)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

I will be practicing my 72 MHz antenna pull technique using @Frank v B 's vintage bomb-proof Airtronics Vanguard TX, which I expect is similar to the one Frank will use for the Tiger Moth maiden flight. 

Vintage TX, Vintage plane, Vintage pilot, and @bweaver to audit the flight - it just doesn't get any better.  8) 

(http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,7477.msg50644.html#msg50644)

Andy

GuyOReilly

@Frank v B  Best of luck with the Maiden Flight of the Tiger Moth; if it looks good it should fly good... err.... well!   ;D
Work, unfortunately, prevents me attending this momentous event.  :'(
Please @Andy Hoffer take good quality pictures... you always do, I know!   :-X
@bruce , We all will be looking forward to your unbiased and fair and thorough analysis of the flight performance.   :o ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on June 14, 2020, 08:51:06 PM
@Frank v B  Best of luck with the Maiden Flight of the Tiger Moth; if it looks good it should fly good... err.... well!   ;D
Work, unfortunately, prevents me attending this momentous event.  :'(
Please @Andy Hoffer take good quality pictures... you always do, I know!   :-X
@bruce , We all will be looking forward to your unbiased and fair and thorough analysis of the flight performance.   :o ;D

Bonjour @GuyOReilly ,

Je ferai les plus belles photographies que possible!  Je doit le faire parce que @Frank v B est l'homme du jour.  Et bien sur j'ai besoin toujours de plus des images pour mon collection Van Beurdenaise!!  8)

À la prochaine,

Andy

Frank v B

Guy,

Notice that Andy writes either in morse code or French because his command of the English language is at best...limited. ;)

This confirms that we are meeting at the field this Thursday, June 18 at 1 pm to maiden the Tiger Moth.  Both Andy and Bruce have confirmed.

Frank

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 15, 2020, 09:52:30 PM
Guy,

Notice that Andy writes either in morse code or French because his command of the English language is at best...limited. ;)

This confirms that we are meeting at the field this Thursday, June 18 at 1 pm to maiden the Tiger Moth.  Both Andy and Bruce have confirmed.

Frank

What nice juicy bait!  It just needs a dash of salt!  8)

Andy