Rainy Days

Started by davidk, August 27, 2019, 06:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

At least rainy days water the garden and provide time to fix a few things.  I finally sorted out the tail of the Apprentice.  It was looking very sad and very crooked.  I kept saying... just one more flight and was glad every time it landed... but that tail needed looking after.

I could not get the plastic rudder holder and elevator off... it just wouldn't pop.  I removed the tail rudder section, re-taped it, and re-attached it.  We'll see if it holds together.

Then I programmed the Brake feature in the ESC on the SpitBoard using the transmitter.  That was a bit confusing.
First I removed the throttle high warning on the DX9.  Then it seemed I was doing everything right, but it still wouldn't go into programming mode.  I took a guess that the Throttle Cut-off was interfering so I flicked the transmitter switch to turn if off and was rewarding by the sweet tones of programming mode.

Batteries are charged and all ready for a bit of sunshine tomorrow.  Felt very odd not flying today. ???

sihinch

Funny - I also worked on a tail today, this rainy day.

I added a rudder to my space shuttle (and moved the battery bay forward.)  My Mother-in-Law a.k.a. Shortbread, wants to see it fly at the Funfly.  Can't disappoint her, can I?

SeeFernando

Cool!

I was in amazing conference calls talking about parsing text files on a vendors network... All while staring at the rain...

@David I don't think you need to turn the throttle high alarm off on your transmitter. I could have misunderstood, but for my esc's I: 0) turn transmitter on with throttle stick down, 1)turn throttle cut off, 2) Move throttle to full, 3) plug plane battery in making sure all appendages are clear of prop 4) Profit?
-Chris

davidk

You're right... thanks Chris.  I just tried it and it worked starting with throttle down.  This stuff is great.

And... parsing text files... I love parsing text files.  I don't get to parse text files enough.  Header... or no header?  No header is far more... interesting.  Comma delimited?  Text in quotes?

Lucky guy.  ;)

SeeFernando

It's the little things you know!
-Chris

davidk

Quote from: sihinch on August 27, 2019, 07:19:37 PM
Funny - I also worked on a tail today, this rainy day.

I added a rudder to my space shuttle (and moved the battery bay forward.)  My Mother-in-Law a.k.a. Shortbread, wants to see it fly at the Funfly.  Can't disappoint her, can I?

Why "Shortbread"?  I hope it's because she makes the best shortbread on the planet... and she might make some for some hungry fliers?

sihinch

Something like that. Lesley actually makes the best shortbread on the planet and one time she was coming up to TEMAC and brought us some. So I happily said "Les is coming and she's bringing shortbread." But I forgot to mention that she was also bringing her Mum. So when her Mum got out of the car someone shouted "look, it's shortbread!"  ;D

SeeFernando

So Hot Dogs and shortbread at the fun fly?  HAHA just kidding... not really ...
-Chris