Which is the best foamy Spitfire sold through a local hobby shop?

Started by Frank v B, July 31, 2019, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I have ordered the E-Flite Spit.  I saw Carl fly it last Sunday and I was impressed with the slow speed handling. 
Thanks for all the input and opinions.
This does not answer the question "Why not the 63" one."  Rhetorical question. ;)

Frank

ps: I was limited in choice because the Hobby Shop did not deal with FlightLine.  I was using up store credits from doing repairs to buy the plane.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Michael

RogMason

Frank, 
Just look at Rob & Oscar. What beauties?  (Their Spitfires aren't bad looking either?). 

No contest as far as I'm concerned - Flightline. Great detail.  Strong undercarriage. Great scale look.
I have a 1200mm version yet to maiden. It has superb up-close detail - panel lines etc.

'Roger That...'

RogMason

Oops!  Sorry Frank, I didn't realize there was a second page of replies and that you have ordered an E-Flite already? 
I'm sure you'll love it too.  Always great models from E-Flite.

Cheers,
'Roger That...'

Frank v B

Roger,

Appreciate your post.  The photo of the two Spits is great.  The planes are beautiful.  The larger planes are waaayyy too serious for me.  I am a small plane guy at heart*.  Storage is an issue for me as well.

Frank

* yes Bruce, I have one........pumping coffee around my body.

Frank v B

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Frank v B

The Spit just arrived at the hobby shop.  Will try to have it ready for the TEMAC funfly on Sunday.

Christmas in September.

Frank

Frank v B

Picked it up this afternoon.  Assembled it but had problems with the spinner.  The screw was too short.  Had to use a washer to bring the lock-down nut out further so the screw would reach.

Will not bring it to the Funfly tomorrow.  Have not had time to test all the connections.  It could only turn out badly.
Hope to try it on Wednesday.

Frank