"TEMAC" Formosa racing

Started by Ededge2002, October 25, 2011, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

I'm considering starting a Formosa race class. I'm going to make some pylons and we can race around them. I'm looking for ideas on rules. Let's say fun is mandatory!  All rules are negoitiable.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Ededge2002

wow how could i have been so stupid not to notice?  But the difference here is this isnt under emfso  AND the rules will be made by the racers.  IE you must fly a 525 class formosa to decide what the rules will be.......  thanks Bruce I dont know how i would get by without your help
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

byrocat may not be aware of the dynamics of the discussions going on.

Michael

Michael

The new TEMAC board has no plans to establish a new FORMOSA racing class, however, ...

... there has been informal (fun) Formosa racing (no weight limits) at TEMAC all season long. I expect this to continue next season. Any evening or weekend when we were flying, if there were two or more Formosa's at the field, there was some type of racing.

Many other such 'informal' activities have taken place as well, such as touch-n-go contests, formation flying, etc.

As long as the model airplanes are flown safely and within the rules, you can race Piper Cub's for all I care.  ;D
Michael