2013-32 TEMAC Tickler, War Bird Day is back on!

Started by Papa, June 03, 2013, 11:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

I'm still up in kincardine. If I get back to town in time I'll try to get to the field for a spitfire flight or two.

sihinch

You cannot imagine how excited I am about our first Nooner race and warbirds day, today!!!!

thehaze

Ugh daughters dance recital...  Two days of not stop dance...  No flying for me.  Go team hearts.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bfeist

Just got home. Charging, but after hours in the car and unpacking I fear I may have to give this perfect flying day a miss.

sihinch

What an awesome day! It exceeded all of my expectations.  Thanks to Jack for double the work today - a race weekend and the warbirds fun fly.  And not just any race, but the first TEMAC race.

I'm sorry for Ken C having bad luck in the first heat, but congrats to my hearts team mate, Glenn, for coming second in the final.  I need to find my fast batteries!

Warbirds day was fabulous, made even better by the weather. There were some fabulous models and some awesome formation flying.

I lost my Lancaster, but I plan to fix it. And sorry to see Rob Pike have some misfortune - please fix it Robert.

Thanks to everyone for supporting, taking part and coming to watch.  Now I can't wait for jets day!

And get well soon Simon C - I can't believe Jess let you come to TEMAC instead of your Honeymoon!

Cheers
S

Ededge2002

What a terrific day!

Mildly sun burnt,  hot and exhausted but wow what a day. I initially joined TEMAC because of the fun I had at a couple of fun flys I attended there and today was a perfect example.   Lots of variety of planes, pilots and friends. Thanks to everyone for the hard work and the not so difficult fun times.

Oh and thanks to all the Nooner racers that hung back so I could fly out front...
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Sure...  Rub it in guys.

I had to drown my sorrow by smoking some ribs.  I cried while I ate them.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

How's this knife between the ribs?  ;)

Just the type of wonderful airplane we had at the field today!

Wingnutz

Jack,
Thanks for organizing...and for booking the weather! Spectacular!
I witnessed a couple of tragic crashes today and was impressed by the pilots' responses...back in the air ASAP...that takes character.
Although once again arrived late and only managed a couple of flights, had a good time.
Thanks
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

wollins

Unfortunately I couldn't recover from my daughters birthday party (was up until 2.30am putting together a trampoline!) so I had to miss out on today's flying/racing ... shame on me!  (However SHE had a great time!)

Glad to hear everyone had fun ... condolences to those with crashes.
Colin

P.S. No time for taxi trials yet I'm afraid ... this year has been crazy busy for me thus far and with a  new baby due in two weeks I'm thinking it may not get any better. :(
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Wingnutz

Went back to ROGO just before dusk on Warbirds Day to find TEMAC photographer Andy Hoffer finishing dusk patrol in his Tiger Moth...shutterbugs have got to fly sometime!
I'd just finished reading Stephen Bungay's "Most Dangerous Enemy" about the Battle of Britain and was inspired...
In the fading light,  popped the one charged pack I had left into my HK Spitfire and for a few minutes was Spitfire pilot Gillespie Magee, 412 squadron, RCAF who wrote one of the best known poems about the pilot experience

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God." High Flight

Sometimes RC is more than a little boy flying a toy airplane.

sihinch

Bill, I think that's an incredible post. Inspiring. Thank you.

We all fly for a reason. And that post touches so many of my reasons.

I need a bigger Spitfire!!!!

Wingnutz

Me too! Wonder how much they want for one of those Burma...oops, Myanmar Spitfires? That should be big enough! BTW, Simon, have fun this weekend watching real Spitfires and...a real Mosquito!

Papa

What we need is a better Poet!

At the Toronto show they always recited that Poem while Oscar Boesch did his glider magic.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

battlestu

Quote from: Papa on June 11, 2013, 01:07:52 PM
What we need is a better Poet!

I could volunteer but only poems i know start off with "There once was a man from Nantucket....."
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"