Flying Frankly - June 11 2020

Started by Andy Hoffer, June 11, 2020, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Today was a magnificent flying day. 20oC, winds W to WNW at 24 kmh gusting 36, and mostly sunny with beautiful cumulus cloud formations left over from last night's storms.  Entertainment was provided in copious amounts by @Frank v B who looked really good, demonstrating some of his many endearing ways of greeting people while driving with his knees, eyes wide open (photo 3234) or eyes wide shut (photo 3236).  Frank also showed off his impressive low-tech but very elegant Fred Flintstone speed control technique, using brake shoes of his own design (photo 3238).

It was great that @bweaver dropped by to make sure Frank and I didn't do too much damage to each other!

Unfortunately no other pilots showed up, perhaps deterred by the winds.  When Bruce departed that left Frank and I alone again, which was more than poor Frank could bear.  A generous dust bath was had by the resident wildlife in the bean field as Frank pedalled away furiously (photo 3241). Definitely a very fine day!  8)

Andy

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Of course!  We both had great flights, despite each others' presence and incessant heckling! 8)

Andy

Frank v B

Simon,

You doubted us??

I had two flights with my Birdie 10.  Andy had two flights with his mini Funtana, one with his FX racer, and one aborted one with his Tiger Moth.

re: Andy's original post.  Simple things and simple minds.....    ;D ;D     
The man is retired.  What do you expect. ;) ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"