Canada d'Eh! at Rogo Field- Thursday, July 1, 10 am-1 pm

Started by Frank v B, June 28, 2021, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

CANADA d'EH! 2021  

Come join me at Rogo Field for a well-deserved day off so we can go flying.

I will try to maiden my BearCat Covid #6 project*, re-try my large 50 size P-51 after a motor-ectomy**,  try the V-900 bullet and maiden the 60 size Denight Special which had motor screech issues.  Have installed a smaller prop per Pat MacKenzie's advice.

Frank
*   https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=7843.0
** last week the motor stopped spinning and landed dead-stick.  The motor shaft had worked its way out of the bell and was sticking out the back of the motor.  First time for everything. :P

ps: no training...please.
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Gregor77

Frank v B

We started early....at 9 am to outrun some possible weather issues.  Some highlites:
- Joseph Suskin was given solo privileges yesterday and managed some beautiful take-offs and landings with both his Apprentice and Cessna 150.
- Witnessed Graham flying at least two flights.  Welcome back Graham.
- my large .46 P-51 with the repaired motor worked per normal.  The motor shaft came out during last week's flight.
- the absolute best feeling was the maiden of my Covid project #6, the Dumas Bearcat with 100 watt out runner and retracts.  A joy to fly without any bad habits until the power ran out after about 30 seconds.  Belly landed with wheels up.  Yes Andy, I should have worn a different coloured shirt .  Blue on blue is bad.... but I don't care! ;)  What were you trying to match with your shirt?  Oh, yes, jungle camo for a flight line infraction.  ;D
- The Tackhammer (blue plane) with EF-1 racing motor flew majestically and fast.
- The V-900 flight... the first time in 2 years, was a "brown streak on the pants" special.  Wickedly wild at launch but settled down after half a circuit. After the landing I dialled back the elevator and aileron throws about 30% for the next flight.

Today's photos:
24- Sorry to wake you Andy.
25- Andy picking on someone else for once.  Poor Joseph and Graham.
26- Photo taken by BJ to avoid Andy's photo instructions (a little left, a little down, look up, smile, hold the aerial down, etc.). That is the Dumas Rubber Bearcat RC electric conversion.
27- Andy causing a traffic jam.  A snail did a circuit around him before he finished.
28- I was soooo tempted to take off after one minute.
30- BJ made the field Canada Day-ready yesterday after instruction finished. Thank you for the window dressing.
33- Athol flying.  Good to see him enjoy the field again.
34- scale nose-over on my P-51.
36- Athol and Mark comparing notes.
37- Eric and Graham formed the peanut gallery.
38- "No comment" after a flight.   Let's analyze this photo.  The wing is upside down, the trailing edge is pointing forward..... don't tell Andy. 8)
40- Looks like a bad scene from "Big Bang Theory"
41- ...."I came to the field to enjoy the peace and was immediately accosted by Andy......".
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks,

Here is a link to some great photos provided by Gus and Clara Corujo of Gusair who visited our field yesterday morning.

http://gusair.com/htdocs/Aviation/2021/21-Temac/21-temac.html

Andy

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

davidk

Andy Hoffer

Behind all the pleasantries of Frank's wonderful maiden flights lies a tale of mental torture.  Poor @Frank v B !  He kept complaining of hearing a voice like mine in his right ear.
;D

Good thing Graham ( @gmcnic ) was there to offer a sympathetic one!!

Andy