Flying Sunday July 4, 10 am-1 pm

Started by Frank v B, July 02, 2021, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be at the field this Sunday from 10-1.  If anyone needs help with a maiden or trim flight I would be happy to help.

I will attempt:
- first flight this year of my .60 size pattern plane.
- first flight this year of my E-Flite RareBear bullet.
- first flight this year of my E-Fflite Pogo pylon racer.  Anyone else game for an EF-1 race/chase around the field?
- maiden flight of my WW1 Eindecker monoplane.  . (.10 size).  Bought at an estate sale.

...and maidening an old resurrected plane for Max Sutherland.  Always fun going down this road.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Beautiful day flying.

Max's plane flew fine.  It was a Dollarama foam board special that looked like a Cub on steroids.  It trimmed out hands-off.

1) The .60 size pattern plane (Mr. Shifter from British plans) on 6 cells.  Flew great.
2) The Denight Special '50's pylon racer with a .50 on 5 cells flew for the first time.  A repaired Great Planes ARF.  This one had the motor screech problem at full throttle.  Followed Pat MacKenzie's advice and put on a smaller prop and it flew great.  From the Rob Dickinson collection.
3) the Pogo EF-1 flew fine.
4) The Dumas 30" Bearcat flew great again but the motor pulsed after two circuits.  The esc overheated so I guess it was more than the rated 12 amps going through.  Will upgrade it.
5) The E-Flite Rarebear flew fine... as usual.  Very fast and very controllable.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Frank is getting ready for our Sept. E F 1 race. We all had better start  doing  laps. Keep at.