Timber Gear Brace Upgrade

Started by GeoffM, December 03, 2021, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoffM

If any of our Timber owners are looking to strengthen the stock 3 piece landing gear assembly I highly recommend the Hillside gear brace.  I now have installed them on my two Timbers and they are excellent.

https://hillside3dparts.com/

msatin

Great info Geoff
Thanks for sharing
You never fail until you stop trying

GeoffM

Here is the one I just installed on my Timber X

Georgetsigaridis

Thanks Geoff
I need one for my Turbo Timber, Mark, sounds like you need one as well. There is a discount of buy 5 for the price of 4.
Is anyone else interested in taking advantage of the deal?

msatin

I'm in,
Even if we don't get 4 or 5, we can save separate shipping charges.

GeoffM

The one in the picture I mounted uses longer screws for the spring mount to go through the multiple layers of plastic.  For the middle screws I used shorter ones than were in the kit.  Could not be bothered cutting the kit screws to length.  They have to go through the brace piece that mounts in the battery box.  I make it so it holds to the beace but does not poke through into the battery box. I use larger batts so I did not want to be touching he batt.

Janus

JJerabek

AndyC

mosheami1

msatin

Looks like we're up to 8.
Let's wait another few days to see if anyone else joins in and then we can place the order

GeoffM

Looks like on the new ones they are using a proper sized screws for the main fuse attachment.  No cutting required...just need to use longer screws on the outside spring hold downs.