Slope Soaring in Ontario

Started by Fisherj, February 14, 2021, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherj

Hi everyone ..... i am just learning how to post on this site,so bear with me! I am returning to the hobby after 40 years. I recently saw a video on slope soaring on the west coast (USA). It peaked my interest! Are there any slope soaring sites in Ontario?

mawz

Hi,

There is one site I know of near Westover, northwest of Hamilton. It belongs to SOGGI and you can reach out to them at https://www.soggi.ca

I've flown there and it's a nice site, but tends to be best suited for mild slopers, it doesn't get enough wind for F3F to be really fun.

Frank v B

Fisherj,

Thanks for posting on our website.  Adam (maws) is our contact to the gliding community (and Temac member) and he was kind enough to reply.

If you are interested in electric power flight or E-power gliding, feel free to contact me via the personal message option ("My messages" on the header).  You are always welcome to drop by the field when this Covid thing passes and our field opens up to visitors.

A lot has changed in 40 years.

Regards,

Frank van Beurden
(flight instructor)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Athol

Hello @Fisherj,

You might want to take advantage of downloading and installing the aeromura app for Android or Apple iOS from HTTP://www.aeromura.net. This is an app that will show you RC Flying Sites around the world, including the one that @mawz  mentioned.

It's free to download and for Canadians, we can use the full pro version up to the end of June this year.

Cheers

Athol
cc: @barryt

Fisherj

thanks Frank and Athol for the response ..... I will be joining TEMAC and earning my "Wing" this summer (Covid permitting). as mentioned this is my first time on a blog. I cannot figure out how to send you a personal message (technology challenged)????? what am i missing?

Frank v B

PM sent to Fisherj with my contact info (e-mail and phone number).

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Athol

@Fisherj  - If you click on the Home Screen and then My Messages, hover over the My Messages and select "Send A Message". I've also sent this in a Personal Message  :D

pmackenzie

Quote from: Athol on February 15, 2021, 01:29:54 PM
@Fisherj  - If you click on the Home Screen and then My Messages, hover over the My Messages and select "Send A Message". I've also sent this in a Personal Message  :D
It is easier than that :)
In a post by the person you want to contact, click on the little icon below his profile picture.

Athol

Quote from: pmackenzie on February 16, 2021, 07:04:17 PM
Quote from: Athol on February 15, 2021, 01:29:54 PM
It is easier than that :)
In a post by the person you want to contact, click on the little icon below his profile picture.

Good one Pat  :) The devil is in the detail! Thanks for the tip :o